• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two engine questions (mystery engine electrical pigtail).

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Well, I spent all day tying up some loose ends on the engine swap. I noticed that where the green glow plug wires on the passenger side come out of the loom (under fuel filter), there are two wires (org/black and grn) also coming out and into a female wire connector (cant find in TM). What does this connect to? Would someone mind looking at thiers. I noticed that on the new motor, it does not idle higher on a cold start like it should. I have to hold the throttle down a little or it will stall. The cold idle plunger does not move. Hopefully the mystery wire can explains the cold start rough idle plunger problem. Thanks in advance

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Two engine questions (mystery engine electrical pigtail)

M1028A1ShelterCarrier said:
Well, I spent all day tying up some loose ends on the engine swap. I noticed that where the green glow plug wires on the passenger side come out of the loom (under fuel filter), there are two wires (org/black and grn) also coming out and into a female wire connector (cant find in TM). What does this connect to? Would someone mind looking at thiers. I noticed that on the new motor, it does not idle higher on a cold start like it should. I have to hold the throttle down a little or it will stall. The cold idle plunger does not move. Hopefully the mystery wire can explains the cold start rough idle plunger problem. Thanks in advance
I think you're right on. The cold idle sensor is on the rear of the passenger side head and that's what should be plugged in there.

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

RE: Re: Two engine questions (mystery engine electrical pigt

WOW that was easy. I had my mind so set on finding the other half of the electrical connector over looking the hidden temputure sensor. Thanks CUCVFAN

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks