• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

two question on m35a2

jerrym35a2

The 1st ? is has anyone every put a aftercooler on a ldt 465.If so I would like to have some feedback please. The 2nd ? is has anyone every put a electric cooling fan on a m35a2. If so I would like to know the name of the fan and how hard a project it is to put on.Thank you all for all your answers. We have some very smart deuce people. Thank you, Jerrym35a2

Albin

Don't have a clue about either one of your questions, but just to let you know, one of the mods is going to be here shortly telling you that it is house rules to have your location in your signature line. I know, I know, most newbies, including myself, put it in the profile section and called it good; but that's not good enough, it's gotta be in your sig line.

Rules is rules.

Al

[Note location in sig line]
|
|
|
|
V

SixBuy

J,
Are you refering to an intercooler that sits between the turbo and the intake manifold? If it can be done to a deuce, somebody has probably done it! You might want to search the hot-rod thread. Realistically, the boost is so low there's no need to cool the air charge and the cooling system is so conservative there's no real need for an electric fan anywhere but blowing on the driver!! But again, if there's a way I'll bet somebody has done it...

Also, you need to add your location to your signature so's we all know where you are. Thanks.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know about the intercooler. To help cool the intake air, consider moving the air filter canister outside the engine compartment.

I have checked into the possibility of using low profile electric fans (note plural), because of limited space in the center of the radiator, four 8-inch fans could be installed around the center.
You would need to have the 60 amp alternator to provide power. The 25 amp would make it on its own, but you do have lights and other things to worry about.
An additional thermostat to control the fans would be needed unless you have manual control.

For a lot of driving conditions, the standard fan would not be needed at all. Perhaps you can remove it and try driving without it. It's on MY experiment-to-do-list. :)

Compare other threads about the radiator shutter and cooling system.

Thanks for joining out group.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks