• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

two transmissions-related questions perhaps

canadacountry

I remember finding this diagram on the web long before I ever knew of steelsoldier being on the internet..
how commonplace were these specific kind of transmission anyway? I still can't help thinking a possible car driver trying hop up into the cab for first time then look down and literally go "what..the..hell???? how do I just simply make this goddamn thing go!!" when you consider that all he/she came from is one single stick that works for both directions basically :)

and mm now for the second question;
I forgot which magazine it ever was in (something from the 90's is all I can possibly recall) but there was a few-pages article titled "Boss Unimog" and the then-owner had saved the thing from a very-soggy-land junked nature and restored it back into working order, the unusual thing it had was that there was no transmission stick as per-se but rather it had like a small horizontal-aligned rectangle control panel on the middle of the dashboard to electronically select each gears and I think I recall that the same somewhat small interior view photo showed that it had numbers on both top and bottom of the middle-located buttons so for example the first button would had been labelled for gear 1 on top and gear 2 on bottom etc .. I'm pretty sure I have not confused the photos with something else from a different non-Unimog article so I have to wonder about that particular kind of Unimog configuration?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hydrostatic drive is the only other version I've even come across, but that doesn't mean others don't exist.

And if you want to confuse a typical car driver, have them drive an MB 4/94 with the working gear option. There really isn't room for any more levers between the seats on those.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks