• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TX MV Rally March 23-24 2013 Buy/Sell/Trade Thread

runk

Potential wanting-
1" feet for medium towbar
towbar pins
towbar axle clamps
25-30' of cable for a slave cable (I've got the NOS ends already, but haven't gotten around to buying cable yet)
3 point belt shoulder mount brackets from a M35A3

Potential bringing (if there is any interest...)-
several almost new 9x20 tires with tubes and flaps
big pelican / hardigg cases, just the right length (~5' ?) to fit between the troop seats in the bed of a deuce, a couple ~2'x2', one ~4'x2'. The 2x2 have an innner liner that fits a hydrazine starter fuel cask for a fighter plane (F16 ?) that can be cut out for more space. The 4x2 has a equipment rack bolted inside.
A giant metal engine mount sled thing, probably for an Hemmt or maybe tank engine
Engine lifting spreaders, "t" shaped aluminum I beams, ~12,000 lbs (?) lifting capacity

I'll try and get pictures and better details this weekend.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Potential wanting-

A giant metal engine mount sled thing, probably for an Hemmt or maybe tank engine
Engine lifting spreaders, "t" shaped aluminum I beams, ~12,000 lbs (?) lifting capacity

I'll try and get pictures and better details this weekend.
Do you know if either of these items have NSN's on them? Price?

runk

more details 1

More details on the stuff I have, but don't need. If you are interested, but think my prices are out of whack, make an offer ! I intend to list everything in the classified, if no-one wants it at the rally.

Engine Mount Sled: (Not going to bring this unless some one is absolutely positive they want it !)

cradle_sd frt.jpgcradle_sd rear up forward.jpgcradle_sd rear down back.jpgcradle_frt.jpgcradle_mark2.jpgcradle_mark3.jpg
A giant metal engine mount sled thing, possibly for an M1A1 tank engine (but I’m no longer sure why I thought that…)

41” x 90” x 14” tall main ‘sled’ + 19” tall sliding support
makings include –
UTES 5
123169210-10
GL Listing: “LOT MAINTENANCE FIXTURES INCLUDES ENGINE CRADLE…”

$0 (free to good home) if you can pick it up at my house in Houston
$150 at the Rally (this thing is big and heavy, I’m not looking forward to wrestling it into the Deuce or a trailer !)

Last edited:

runk

more details 2

More details on the stuff I have, but don't need. If you are interested, but think my prices are out of whack, make an offer ! I intend to list everything in the classified, if no-one wants it at the rally.

Engine Lifting Spreaders: (Not going to bring these unless some one wants them.)
slings ends.jpgslings chains.jpg
slings mark1.jpgslings mark2.jpgslings mark3.jpg
5 Engine lifting spreaders, "T" shaped aluminum I beams, possibly for M1A1 tank engines (but I’m no longer sure why I thought that…)
78” x 36” x 6.5” deep
10,000 lbs and 5,000 lbs capacity (which may have depended on which type of chain was on single end, since I don’t see any other difference in the structures).
I have u-bolts, chains and hooks for all the double ends (top of “T”).
I have 1 single chain and 3 double chains for the single end (bottom of “T”), but only one of the shackles (others have probably been ‘repurposed’ on other projects…).
GL Listing: “LOT MAINTENANCE FIXTURES INCLUDES … ALUMINUM SPREADER BAR W/ CHAINS(5)5000/ 10000LB CAPACITY…”
$125 each at the Rally, first come first served on the chains

9x20 NDCC tires w/ tubes and flaps: (Not going to bring these unless some one wants them.)
3 Titan T-Hawk 373, almost new (one was the spare and still has the center molding flash on it !) DOT date codes 3805, 1901, 4901
$50 each at the rally
1 Fidelity, tread in good shape, but one bead is a little damaged from getting it off the very rusty rim. Not sure I’d use it on the road, but good spare or trailer tire. DOT date code looks like 9135, but that doesn’t make sense?
$0 (free to good home) at the rally

Last edited:

runk

more details 3

Big Pelican / Hardigg Cases: (Probably not going to bring these unless someone wants them.)

case_green_intruck1.jpgcase_green_intruck2.jpg
Just the right length (51-52”) to fit between the troop seats in the bed of a Deuce.
GL Listing: “Re-Usable Shipping/Storage Containers, Includes F-16 Emergency Power Unit Fuel Tank Container P/N 11214-5308-100 (51X24X18") and Electron Tube Container CY7984/SPS49(52X28X21")”

case green inside.jpgcase green lable.jpg
2 green (fuel tank containers) – 18” high (+ feet ~5” high) x 18” deep x 51” long. These have a inner liner that fit the fuel tank (hydrazine, I believe, scary stuff) that I cut out for more room on the one I’m using. One has one ~1” hole for a fitting and a purge valve on the other end, the other is missing both fittings. One has slightly tweaked handle. All the latches are good. Feet included for both.
$100 each at the Rally

case grey.jpgcase grey inside.jpgcase grey lable1.jpgcase grey lable2.jpg
1 grey (electron tube container) – 20” high (+ feet ~5” high) x 28” deep x 52” long. Has an internal rack that can be unbolted, and some pass-though holes. All handles and latches in good shape, includes feet.

$125 at the Rally

Medium towbar and feet: (Probably not going to bring this unless someone wants it.)
towbar.jpg
With reinforcing collars. NSN 4910-01-365-9304 Includes ¾ NOS feet, but no pins to connect the feet to the bar (feet include ¾ pins for the vehicle side). All other pins included, cosmetic condition just ok, but no dings, dents, worn holes, etc. Legs slide in and out no problem.
$500 at the Rally

Last edited:

runk

more details 4

Jerry Can fuel nozzle:
nozzle.jpg

Old style clamp on, never used.
$25 at the Rally

Rubber seals:
New, unused (I ended up not needing them…)
2 Windshield frame rubber seal, P/N 7373325, NSN 5330007373325, from Erik’s. Fits windshields used on various vehicles such as M35, M37, M809, M54.
1 cowl seal 7373337, from Erik’s.
$15.00 each at Rally

Fire Extinguishers:
fire ex.jpg

1 green dry chemical, refillable and gauge shows still good (no guarantee though !), 5 BC (but you can buy 2 or more at Costco for what it would cost to hydro and refill!)
$10 OBO at the rally
2 CO2 , refillable but empty, 5BC, out of date on hydro
$25 OBO each at the Rally

Old metal GE work light housings:
work lights deuce.jpgwork lights.jpg

2 complete + one missing some mount and bulb keeper parts
They were grey, I painted them green (Rustolum Camo green). Fit PAR 36 bulbs, which happens to be the same size as the front blackout light on the Deuce. I used one to replace the useless (and unused) electric horn, and put a matching bulb in the blackout light housing. For bulbs I used: “Intella GE 4589 PAR36 Sealed Beam Bulb, 24V, 50W”
http://www.amazon.com/Intella-4589-PAR36-Sealed-Beam/dp/B0094FJFLW
$20 OBO each for complete, $10 OBO partial at the Rally (6-8V 4510 bulbs included free!)

Door Window frame and glass:
M35a3, driver’s side, cleaned up (and painted) includes replacement safety glass. I couldn’t find any glass to frame seals I could live with, and gave up and bought a complete assembly. Maybe you’ll have better luck (or skills).
$50 OBO at the Rally

Windshield Frames and glass:
2 old M35a2 windshield frames, both with some corner rust issues, although cleaned up and painted. One glass with a crack (corner, one layer), the other a chip. I was going to fix them up and put new glass and seals in, but gave up and bought new assemblies.
$50 OBO at the Rally

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
OK, thanks. Dang it, the motor maint stand nor the t bar are the one's I'm looking for (I don't think they are). Was looking for the deuce and CUCV ones as the AAI for my BN maint tool set. Oh well, still about 90 items short out of the kazillion+ items total in the set (still got the most complete set I've ever seen).

leeh725

I'll bring a few sets of troop seats for the M1008s and a medium/ heavy duty tow bar, in case anyone gets a wild hare and decides they can't live without it.

Blueduce

I will have a refurbished and painted deuce springer seat with all new seat covers. I will also have two to three complete deuce tarp and bow sets. They are NOS and tricolor vinyl. I will also have a deuce two cylinder compressor. It's a pull off in working order.

All my tarp sets are now spoken for.

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to be delivering a couple of deuce cab reinforcement panels at the swap meet. If anyone else needs one let me know.