• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tx. registration

Pawnshop

My action plan in the event I pulled over is to kindly suggest the officer run the door number through his system (just like a license plate number), it WILL come back with the vehicle description, my name and address AND an expiration date, that should answer all questions regarding whether or not my Deuce is registered. As for the requirement to display plates, that is going to have to be answered by the code book. I keep my registration sticker/receipt in the map compartment along with my insurance paperwork.

As for a MV doing DD (Daily Driver) duty, it must be registered as a Texas Truck (or Texas Car in the case of a M1009) subject to full yearly registration and inspection requirements and fees/taxes.

TexRdnec

i found a local guy selling one around here that was never registered for street use..........how big a pain in the butt would the process be to get it registered in my name?

saddamsnightmare

August 5th, 2009.

My trucks carry plates in TExas (because I didn't know about the regulations noted above), but they exempted them from inspection as they are former military trucks. Both are rated picks, both the Unimog and the Deuce, and I do carry copies of the regulations with me in the gloveboxes. Most Texas cops won't bother you unless you do something very stupid, generally they just want to see what it is. Texas is not always the most enlightened
place to live, but you do gotta love those legislators that cooked the above codes up.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

NB the "Former Military Vehicle" if on the registration will severely limit how you can use the vehicles.:evil:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
August 5th, 2009.

Texas is not always the most enlightened
place to live, but you do gotta love those legislators that cooked the above codes up.
Don't give the elected representation too much credit. MOST legislation presented in Austin is simply a presentation on the floor of something that "Bubba Q. Texan" drafted him/herself and got a "good ol' boy" to carry up to the Statehouse:!:

Generally speaking, anyone can write anything and as long as it's not TOO crazy, it's got a chance of passage.:idea:

In this case, I beleive we can thank a forward-thinking (although unnamed) MVer for having graciously given his representative a great ride in his personal MV and shown him what an awsome hobby MVs make:!:

GOD bless Texas:!:

MILRET45

I've had generally good experiences over the past 10 years registering MV's in Galveston County, specifically at the League City tax office both with standard plates and former MV plate. Main problem with the MV plate was that they didn't have one on hand so I had to return to wrap that up.

However one issue popped up this past year when I did a civvy registration (woiuld also apply to standard plates for any vehicle). They wanted the seller's signature at block 22 on the form 130-U "Application for Certificate of Title". Previously this had not been required but the tax office said the rule had been reinstated. In my case I had to send the form out of state to get the signature due to the location of the seller before I could complete the transaction

It occurred to me at the time that if I were doing another GL SF97/standard title application this might be a real headache getting it to the right party at GL and returned.

Has anyone in the state done a standard title application in the past 12 months on a GL buy and did you have to deal with the block 22 signature issue?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone in the state done a standard title application in the past 12 months on a GL buy and did you have to deal with the block 22 signature issue?
I've registered 2 1009's from GL this year and haven't had any problems other than them not knowing how to do an SF97 to begin with.

saddamsnightmare

August 3rd, 2009.

Getting the SF-97 can be a pain...... I bought an M105A2 Cargo Trailer last May (2008) at Norman, OK and have yet to pry the SF-97 outta GL. I'm about ready to take the bill of sale from GL and try to run it as a never sold or titled vehicle over forty years of age (1968) and see if the County clerks will buy it.:twisted: They weren't thrilled at the odd serial numbers on the Unimog.... and the Deuce coming outta Colorado as a 1971 Kaiser Jeep Pick Up at 13,500 LBs ready ruined their day! They made me weigh it and it came in at 13,480 (Fuel Tank probably wasn't full), then I remarked they'd need to add 10,000 for payload......
It twisted their knickers..., but they plated it as a pick up truck.:twisted::twisted:

I wonder what will happen when i move again.... it could be interesting.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my case I had to send the form out of state to get the signature due to the location of the seller before I could complete the transaction

It occurred to me at the time that if I were doing another GL SF97/standard title application this might be a real headache getting it to the right party at GL and returned.

Well I may go to prison for this but I just write the GL title clerk's name in the form 130 space. Not a signature, just write the name using my handwriting. This has been four GL SF97s in the last 12 months at the League City Annex. All went through just fine. Wait there is a knock at the door . . .

MILRET45

Well I may go to prison for this but I just write the GL title clerk's name in the form 130 space. Not a signature, just write the name using my handwriting. This has been four GL SF97s in the last 12 months at the League City Annex. All went through just fine. Wait there is a knock at the door . . .
Guess that just proves how closely they look at the form.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks