• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Type G Injection Pump

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should have a hyd head for him, just need to figure out where I put it.
Nice. Yea if nothing is wrong with the lower unit then just rebuild or different head. Wonder if it uses the same timing button? Still bet he could get a new button and clip from Ambac. Also if the plunger and drive key is ok wonder if just removing all port plugs and a good cleaning then button and clip plus new O rings.

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The button that came off of it was a little shorter than the new buttons that I have. I took the head apart and cleaned it, but I think I could do a better job so I will try that again. I need to order a couple of new clips anyway so I might as well clean the head while I’m waiting. The truck ran for a while, but was blowing lots of white smoke and leaking quite a bit from the top of the HH. I’m assuming if fuel was coming out then air was going in causing the white smoke. I also need to find a new bolt to plug the oil port.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy,

Sure could use the adjustment bridge, cover, etc. that goes in the G pump where
the fuel compensator plugged-in on the other type IP's. Please let me know if you
find this when you are rooting around for Elk1111.

Thanks for your help,
Orren

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She’s finally running!! I rebuilt and cleaned the hydraulic head. The bow tie washer was wallowed out which was causing the quill not to turn. The truck sounds good, but maybe just because I’m so happy it starts. I will try to get a video up tomorrow. Now to start the real work. First priority is the lift pump and brakes. Then rewiring and lights.

rustystud

She’s finally running!! I rebuilt and cleaned the hydraulic head. The bow tie washer was wallowed out which was causing the quill not to turn. The truck sounds good, but maybe just because I’m so happy it starts. I will try to get a video up tomorrow. Now to start the real work. First priority is the lift pump and brakes. Then rewiring and lights.
Glad you found the problem !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks