• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

u bolt delema

turfything

I'm just wondering if any one has the part # or can give me some direction on where I can get u bolts for my M1028. I have 4" Rough Country lift and the u bolts only fit the 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks. I called Rough Country and the dude on the other end seemed lost. The u bolts need to be around 15" long. Any help would be appreciated.

saddamsnightmare

March 8th, 2010.

:ditto:on the spring shop. Most can make anys size you need, and it is not recommended to reapply the old U bolts ever, as they have already taken their first and only set when originally applied.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan[thumbzup]

puppy

Rear u-bolts I assume?

The kit "should" have included the correct u-bolts for a 3/4 ton, but in the case of a CUCV, you will have to do the rear u-bolt "flip" which requires a new rear spring plate.

skateabrock

Rear u-bolts I assume?

The kit "should" have included the correct u-bolts for a 3/4 ton, but in the case of a CUCV, you will have to do the rear u-bolt "flip" which requires a new rear spring plate.
why would you have to flip the ''u'' bolts? you can have any spring shop make them square or round.

scottodog

Just had a set made for my m1008 5/8 by 2 1/2 by 14 at a local spring shop square to fit stock axle. Took them 15 min and cost 65.00 for four.

4bogginchevys

Rear u-bolts I assume?

I agree that flipping the u-bolts to point up is a good idea if that is what you meant. Always thought it was a bad idea to put the threads down for dirt rocks and muck to mess them up. I've seen newer trucks with them bent so bad they'll have to be torched off. At the local store where I buy all my u-bolts they dont even sell the square ones for the 14 bolt 2WD (usually pointed down) because everyone points them up out of harms way....something to think about2cents

turfything

I think I will try the spring shop thing. I kinda want to keep the extra overload spring, just in case. I'm in the process of doing almost a frame off restoration. Thanks for all the advise.

Alucard-HD

I had a 1 ton before and i ordered the U bolts front and rear from national tire and wheel or desert rat. and they worked perfect. as far as spring plates go i just found some in a junk yard and FF 14 bolts are easy to come by.

turfything

My new U bolts are here. My M1028 should have a nice stance in the near future. I ordered them online. $65 delivered. If anyone wants the link I can post it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks