• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

U-joint replacement

CGarbee

Well, I was finishing up some PM work on my '83 M35A2C (getting it ready for the Convoy to Aberdeen) and was working the ol' grease gun on all the zerks underneath when I noticed that the u-joint at the rear of the long driveshaft (between the t-case and forward rear axle) was shot... Like, rotate the driveshaft serveral degrees without anyting else moving...

So, driveshaft is off the truck with the bad end soaking in penetrant. Will be ordering some u-joints in the morning...

Sad thing is that I was planning to go for a short ride in it today prior to getting started on putting u-joints in the '53 Cummins M37...

Oh well, better now than on the road....

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look in the part number cross reference section. NAPA has U-joints! If they are the odd ones I believe Teds trucks-n-stuff is the cheapest.

CGarbee

I got my u-joints from Ted Hills... Same price as TNJ Murray, but I like talking to Karen... :)
Took longer than I had hoped to get them swapped out, as usual, one of the caps just didn't want to play nice... Job is done, time to move onto the little truck and replace some on it (will actually be harder since I can't use the big press on it...).
The u-joints from Ted's are Newstar Brand...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks