• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UK APC's/Tanks (FV432/CVRT) in States

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
heck I'd be thrilled just to get run over by one!
Would you settle for an APC? Will you be at next years GA rally? If so, we might be able to arrange something...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We didn't get run over by one but we did get to drive a Sherman this past summer. Man those things are small inside..... ;-)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Have you checked with shipping? Is there import USA paper work that must be made first?
No, I haven't. I kinda hoped someone would jump in on it.

That said, I might have another source to help with it. CSI Vehicles out near me exports MV's. Perhaps they know about imports.

kurtkds

So this thread has got me thinking more about a tracked vehicle. I've got the transport setup now (m818, m172) so I can haul about 15 tons. I guess I should start looking. I am SOOO addicted to OD!

Carlo

So this thread has got me thinking more about a tracked vehicle. I've got the transport setup now (m818, m172) so I can haul about 15 tons. I guess I should start looking. I am SOOO addicted to OD!
Is it true you can't road drive any APC, tank or any tracked vehicle on the road there?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So long as it's rubber tracked it *could* be. I know we have a member here that has a M114 variant that he has tagged and drives on the road from time to time.

Carlo

Normal max width is 2.5 meters. My FV432 is roughly 2.90 meters. I have the rubber pads on the tracks and though they leave a black foot print at every turn they seem to be wearing well. I have only 89 hours on the machine.

wideload

Russian military are a very well known and reputable dealer here in the UK, as you can see dealing mainly in Russian MVs. As the advert was posted in August I would think that one is now on its way to Africa with 39 others !

Another Ahab

Russian military are a very well known and reputable dealer here in the UK, as you can see dealing mainly in Russian MVs. As the advert was posted in August I would think that one is now on its way to Africa with 39 others !
The picture of the ad dropped-off, wideload; like to see that! Can you add it back on, please?

martinwcox

I tried to register my Scorpion here in MA but they don't allow fully tracked vehicles. I do drive it around various towns for parades and shows, kinda turns heads as you motor up to the stop light next to the Prius!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks