• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UK based Russian Vehicle Dealer

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got some BIG trucks and tanks as well. Check out that Gavin rocket launcher! WOW! Heck with V8 power, look at the V12 power!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those first two in the above pictures are HUGE trucks, used for the carrying, erecting, and launching of large Soviet designed SS-series ICBM missiles, with thermonuclear tips. The missile is carried centerline, hence the reason why the cab is divided like that.

I wonder if they would be road legal. They would be pretty impressive driving to Aberdeen in May!

vtunimog

Richard Moore is a very interesting fellow and he has some great trucks. His videos are legendary. His prices a bit high but his trucks are very clean and ready to drive.

The trucks in the photos are Maz I think. i recall hearing about them but they are monsterous. Funny the Soviets coudln't make a car to save their lives but they made some very capable trucks. Priorities I guess.

sailor2000

While alot of that russian stuff looks neat, and you can't deny they build BIG trucks... and after my next big Lotto win I will have my own platoon of T-72's, remember the Soviet maxim "Quantity has a Quality all its' own"... most of the russian stuff I have seen close up is pretty poorly made, and that is being kind... now a Tatrapan... THAT would be cool!!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent a few weeks in Russia recently and have actually seen their vehicles up close. I will second that their cars are terrible...just plain crappy. With that said, I will also second that their trucks are not crappy and are, in fact, very durable. Their trucks are built with simplicity in mind. The URAL, ZIL, and KRAZ trucks are just plain awesome. The styling, however, leaves something to be desired...but there is no knocking the can-do ability of their trucks.

tatra813

Thats the first place I have found that actually had a Maz for sale I will have to find out how much, I have always wanted a Maz. If it wasn't for the dollar loosing its value so much I may be able to afford one.

vtunimog

sailor2000 said:
While alot of that russian stuff looks neat, and you can't deny they build BIG trucks... and after my next big Lotto win I will have my own platoon of T-72's, remember the Soviet maxim "Quantity has a Quality all its' own"... most of the russian stuff I have seen close up is pretty poorly made, and that is being kind... now a Tatrapan... THAT would be cool!!
I guess I see your point in a way as it took me 8 years to break down and buy a Eastern bloc truck. The first was a Tatra , which I just found to be spectacular in terms of engineering and design. Quality was on par with the same era from Germany really. I am sure Dean can back me up on this. The Ural was really a stretch for me, I was nervous I would get something akin to a Chinese made rifle. Will this thing blow up in my face kind of deal. But I have say I have been quite impressed with the quality and workmanship (except for seals and linings - which just plain suck). The styling is strange and dated but for the most part everything works as it should, it is utilitarian and a bit primitive but in comparison to say a US military vehicle of the same era - maybe not as modern but close. The story goes that at the truck factories quality was taken fairly seriously. How would you like to be the engineer that is found to have designed a faulty component in Soviet times ?

dmetalmiki

WARNING

ALL .S. steelsoldiers enthusiasts (at the VERY LEAST!) CHECK WITH A ""RELIABLE"" (or known) S.S. Member or U.K owner club member B E F O R E entering into BUYING and (then)shipping VEHICLES from the U.K.!!!
It has come to attention of variouse clubs over here that VEHICLES BOUGHT UNSEEN (and described as this that and the other) are definately N O T ! ! ""this that and the other""..and purchasers in the U.S. H A V E ! been .."""taken""" (( for a (BAD) ride!!))). any one reading this (especialy) with an interest in EASTERN BLOCK VEHICLES ""Take HEED" and please place this WARNING on the Steelsoldiers relevent forums. Therer IS one badly hit U.S. enthusiast in maryland I believe, and I will post information and or have him "post" his experience when our club emails hisi details and/or he wishes help from us...(hope he reads this allbeit too late!!)

tcody

I don't know about trucks, but I urge anyone who would be tempted to buy anything from "Ecotrax" in the UK to look somewhere/anywhere else. They are crooks! I purchased a very expensive 30T winch from them several years ago after getting the photos and specs. They sent some piece of junk that was a 10T completely different winch. They admitted they made a mistake and promised to send the correct one then stopped responding to emails, phone calls and finally a letter from an Atty. Still waiting for my winch 5 years later. Crooks!!! I will be interested to see what the issue is with the SS member in Maryland - so please give us the details. I am not interested in getting screwed again and I pass on my experience so hopefully no one else will either. I have contacted in the past the fellow at russiantrucks about a MAZ he had listed a few years back. He was very polite and answered a lot of questions. From that interaction I would be inclined to give him my business.

madsam

How do you get around the EPA issue? I brought 2 motorcycles from Japan when I was there, and shipped them her. They were stuck in EPA-Hell in customs because they could not be imported as is. I had to import both as racing bikes that will never be used on the road. Then one of them, the vmax, I changed the spedo and re-jetted the carb at a 'qualified' dealer, then took the paperwork over to customs and they officially imported it. The other, a virago 400, will never be able to be licensed because Yamaha never sold them here, and I am not going to pay 8K to have it certified by the EPA. The bike is only worth 1500.

So how do you register these Russian trucks? Do you have to pay for the the EPA certification? Or just never have them on the road?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks