• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Undercoating on M105 Trailer Question

PROSTOCKTOM

I went a looked at a M105 trailer today that a guy has listed for $300

I started looking it over , but it has what looks like some kind factory undercoating

all over the underside of the bed and on the insides of the wheel wells, but not on

the frame it's self.

Any idea if this is a good thing or a bad thing?

All and all it looks like a fair deal and it even has the sides and the tarp bows in the bed.

All want it for is the bed and springs for a bobber.

I'd rather it not be coated, but wanted some member input on it.

Thanks

Tom

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It could of been a USMC trailer, the Marines like undercoating due to the saltwater they like to play in. My exUSMC M998 has undercoating on it, it doesnt bother anything, and it does cut down a bit on noise. You can probably get back most of your investment selling the sideboards, bows and tarp. I wouldnt let it bother me any.

sandcobra164

My previous USMC CUCV has that black tar all underneath it. It's got a sticker under the hood on the radiator support designating that it's been "rustproofed" and they did a good job, not a touch of rust anywhere. I'd say it's a plus on that trailer!

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 5 M105A2 trailers. Every one has undercoating on the bottom of the bed, but not the frame.

$300 for that M105 with sides, bows, and cover tarp is a good deal!!

eagle4g63

If you get it some of us(me:-D) might be interested in the left over parts!!

Also as stated, the undercoating, I think, would be a great thing to have on the bed for use on your truck. I was thinking of undercoating a lot of my truck this next year.

PROSTOCKTOM

If you get it some of us(me:-D) might be interested in the left over parts!!

Also as stated, the undercoating, I think, would be a great thing to have on the bed for use on your truck. I was thinking of undercoating a lot of my truck this next year.
Will do. As soon as I get one.

I might not be getting this particular one because I've found several that are

in even better condition locally and they are also complete with sides, bows, and

tarp. I'll have one in a few weeks. Wanting to get started cutting the frame

up asap. Would like to be driving a bobber by early Spring.

Tom

eagle4g63

I take it you have a place indoors to work on it:drool: And all I have is my driveway(at least it is paved so I don't have to deal with gravel.

Where about are you, I'm up between Gary and Griffith. If you aren't too far, seeing a bob job happen would be fun(would even give a hand), if I have time. I get REAL slow in the winter(I'm a carpenter and don't like building in the snow!!)

PROSTOCKTOM

I take it you have a place indoors to work on it:drool: And all I have is my driveway(at least it is paved so I don't have to deal with gravel.

Where about are you, I'm up between Gary and Griffith. If you aren't too far, seeing a bob job happen would be fun(would even give a hand), if I have time. I get REAL slow in the winter(I'm a carpenter and don't like building in the snow!!)
Yes I have a really nice finished 36' x 48' shop that has a 12' ceiling to work in.

Also has heat and AC, so I can work year round If I can find the time to do it.

Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks