• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Understanding Fuel Pathway

Massm35a2

I've searched the TM's, the LDS-465 manual shows some old looking filters. I am wondering what the exact path is that the fuel takes on a multifuel. I just got my secondary spin on adaptors and was wondering if there is any way for fuel from the primary to get to the injection head without passing through the secondarys? I also have a multifuel heater that is linked into the fuel lines. I wonder if the heater can starve the engine.

I would love to understand where the fuel goes and how it cycles and returns to the tank, Any Experts?

Massm35a2

Your Awesome, Great info. I feel a lot better now. I may change how the heater is hooked in, The SW Fuel fired cab heater is hooked into the T where a flame heater would go, It comes from that T to it's own pump. I have the Ether Start system.

I am looking for a new Primary filter, I bought one a wile back off ebay Brand New Racor FG500 Turbine filter, but now I am not sure of the GPH, That filter has a max of 60 GPH. I am not too sure about the flow rate. I am now looking at a racor 490R with 90 GPH Flow rate.

I will be mounting the filter where the stock air cleaner belongs on the firewall. Makes inspection of the bowl easy and filter changes simple.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The multifuel engine in the deuce uses 60 lb/hr (about 8 gal/hr) at full power. Even with 2 or 3 times that amount pumped thru the system for IP cooling etc, you are fine with your first choice of Racor filter (500FG).
Also, as a primary fuel filter/water separator the pressure drop is minimal with a 30 micron element.

Image shows my set up in the 8x8. The primary fuel filter has a 30 micron element installed.

(Right click on image and open link in new window for max res)

Attachments

Massm35a2

Thanks :-D This is great news, I saw your setup before and noticed you had the bigger Racor and a search I did showed 60gph don't remember what thread it was. Hope the auction I bid on for a 490R Racor gets overbid so I don't have to buy a filter I don't need.