• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uneven bed on M35A2C

deucer

What would cause one side of the rear of my M35A2C bed to be higher (or the other side lower) to where it is visibly different in the back of the bed by a few inches at least? I will post a pic of it.

deucer

The front of the bed may be slightly uneven too but does not appear to be as much as the rear.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say the bed could be twisted. How does it sit on the frame? You could also have weak springs on one side making the whole truck sit low on one side. Do the sides fold without binding?

Dropside beds are weaker that a standard cargo because they don't have the extra bracing of the rigid sides.

deucer

For some reason the app i am using says the administrators disabled being able to upload pictures with the tapatalk app that used to work so the picture will have to wait until I can get to my computer. I need to get under the truck and measure from different points to the ground from the bed and frame on both sides. It seems to sit level on the frame and I too thought it might be week springs but was not sure. They are likely original and it rides fine going down the road but I have not had a significant load on it yet.

jdknech

For some reason the app i am using says the administrators disabled being able to upload pictures with the tapatalk app that used to work so the picture will have to wait until I can get to my computer. I need to get under the truck and measure from different points to the ground from the bed and frame on both sides. It seems to sit level on the frame and I too thought it might be week springs but was not sure. They are likely original and it rides fine going down the road but I have not had a significant load on it yet.
i have the same problem with the app... and uploading pics is the reason i paid for it... aua

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Park your deuce on a level paved area. Make sure all your tires have the correct pressure and that the suspension is not racked from turning, drive straight onto the pad. Measure the bottom of the axles to the ground. That should be level, if it's not, probably the suspension. Measure from the bottom of the frame to the ground. If that's not even, either the frame is bent, or your suspension is out of whack. Then measure from the bottom of the bed to the ground, if that's off and everything else is okay, your bed is bent, or some of the hold down bolts are loose or broken. And look to see if any of the wood spacers between the frame and bed are missing or rotted.

deucer

I am heading out to where my truck is tomorrow, I will do some checking and measuring as suggested and post back. Thanks for all the thoughts thus far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks