• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uneventful trip

jeli

I went to get my deuce from Camp Ripley today. Fairly uneventful. Two hours up, 15 minutes tops in the motorpool, three hours back. It popped right off, 1/2 tank of fuel, drives pretty nice.

My only concern is it ran 200-215 degrees all the way home. At first I slowed down a bit but once on the interstate it was all out. Didn't really make a difference how I drove it still ran hot. The tach is way off so I'm going to borrow our infared themometer from work and get a reading off the radiator tank before I get too excited.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer:

jeli

ken said:
Is that one of the POW trucks with the prisoner cage in the bed?
It was a maintenance truck. They jack up the bows and pin them. The expanded metal is to keep the tarp from sagging. Since the bows are higher the tarp is short and hard to keep tied. The extra space below the tarp is usually extra canvas or plywood. That way they can stand up in it and carry more.

co_rotorhead

Glad to hear you made it! Looks like mine will arrive today or tomorrow...already have some landscaping plans - just need a big truck to get the stuff home!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks