• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unfamiliar Coolant

Russm

My work closed down one of their repair shops. I happened to be there that day. They gave me 5 gallons of this stuff.
Can I mix it with normal green coolant? Going to be doing a flush soon for a clogged heater core.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

87cr250r

Don't mix coolants. You can't judge them by the color anymore. Modern coolants are all organic acid based. Inorganic acid based coolants are available in some heavy duty applications but not from the auto parts store. That Starbrite cooling is organic acid tech like modern coolants but uses propylene glycol instead of ethylene glycol as anti-freeze. PG performs similarly but costs more.

If you want to flush your engine use phosphoric acid and drive it around for a day.

Russm

Should have been more clear my bad.

After the full flush this starbright stuff won't hurt the cooling system will it?
Any residual old coolant will be too dilute by that point to matter

Russm

I don't have a source....
Which is why I'm asking about some coolant brand I've never heard before

87cr250r

Other brands of OAT coolant mention 10% contamination tolerance meaning you can safely leave behind 10% of your old coolant. If you do a phosphoric acid flush you'll want to purge with fresh water.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks