• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unidentified (derelict) tank - Afghanistan

Wolf.Dose

Why Afganistan? These tanks are for sale in Britain, as far as I know, from 6000 English pounds up, depending on condition.
The tank an the initial pic is a later version, at least after the T34B with its caracrteristic buble under the gun. So I think it is a T34/85, MY depending on the design of the main hatch and the road wheels.
Wolf
After rechecking the pics I think, it is a earyly body (bubble on the right side of the chassis, which the later models did not have) with a probably 1943 turret (2 roof hatches with the improved comanders coupula for better view (so called Micky Mouse turret). However, the gun is not original, easily to identify be the steel plate over the gun as cover. No mass production T34 had something like that. And the front opening is far from any series production, it was always completely closed, so a modification.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks