• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unidentified Unconnected wire behind engine

CharlieB

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know what this wire is for, cannot find anything else around it that is unplugged, can’t read the circuit tag. It’s located in the cluster of wires behind the engine under the dog house. It’s an ‘08 1097 A2.
IMG_0466.jpeg

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like it could be the tach harness, you have a former USMC vehicle? I've not found the exact pinout for that to have an idea of what that particular line plugs into.

You'll likely need to figure out a way to read the tag or trace it to the other end of the cable and see if you can find the tag there. (Assuming that is the tach harness, you might be able to pin it out up at the tach and fine which wire it is.)

CharlieB

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like it could be the tach harness, you have a former USMC vehicle? I've not found the exact pinout for that to have an idea of what that particular line plugs into.

You'll likely need to figure out a way to read the tag or trace it to the other end of the cable and see if you can find the tag there. (Assuming that is the tach harness, you might be able to pin it out up at the tach and fine which wire it is.)
It was ex army, not USMC as I understand from a shipping dock that brought it back from FOB Apache Afghanistan!

I was wondering if it was for the tac, there isn’t one installed currently so would make sense it’s unplugged.

CharlieB

Steel Soldiers Supporter

tag appears to read “346” maybe, hard to say

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember correctly, this should TM-9-2320-280-20 (part 3), in the TM's section.

Go to page 1164/1165, this covers the 'A2' series vehicles (1097 is the reworked A2s).

If I'm right (and I'm not sure I am), you may be able to find some of the other numbers in that harness and see where they are in the diagram. While not everything is in the same spot as it is physically, I've found often things that are near each other are also near either other in the diagram (but not always.)

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the tag carefully, they are not hard to read once you get the hang of it, more times than not the last digit is a letter.

CharlieB

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember correctly, this should TM-9-2320-280-20 (part 3), in the TM's section.

Go to page 1164/1165, this covers the 'A2' series vehicles (1097 is the reworked A2s).

If I'm right (and I'm not sure I am), you may be able to find some of the other numbers in that harness and see where they are in the diagram. While not everything is in the same spot as it is physically, I've found often things that are near each other are also near either other in the diagram (but not always.)
thank you! Appreciate the help, will dig into it and see if I can find itin there, that whole cluster of wires has hand written tags and I can hardly read any of them, too bad ir doesn’t have the metal tags like almost everything else!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The M1097R1 is the reworked version, and can be an A1 or an A2 variant.
He said his truck is an M1097A2, so not a reworked one.
1097 is just heavy variant.