• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UNIMOG pic thread

goat whisperer

Off-road is where they shine. Truly a go anywhere vehicle.
That is what I thought, than I got the Gama Goat... That is the vehicle to anywhere! I sometimes stuck with the Mog, truely not often, but never with the Gama Goat

More Mog pics: Bilder des Ironmog 01
and: Bilder des Ironmog 02

BTW. This Red Cross Mog has being sold for 12.500 Euro !!! Mogs in good conditions are going more and more expensive...

Attachments

Last edited:

CanonNinja

I think I have a few pictures kicking around here...I've tried to include a little of everything haha.
that 3rd pic, the tan one with the camper top in the bed, I've seen that truck here in Houston recently, nice couple from California on a US road trip tour. Met them at a gun range to be exact! :beer:

elkay12

keep the pix's coming, i have been seeing one down at OBX (Nagshead, NC) out on Oregon Inlet beach area - i will try and get picture of next week to post, he has no problem in sand

hwcurtice

My head hurts with all these pictures of the different variations of the Mog.

Old ones. New ones. Funny looking ones. Poor rusty ones :(

Makes me want to go and take another look at that one I saw a few towns over and give a real look over.

And take pictures and get more data on it, hopefully.

dburt

Hey ProStockTom, if you get one of those, let us know please! They look like one sweet truck, it looks like a dump truck with a front end loader. Wish they were not so far away, but I also suspect they will bring big bucks too!

Maby we could get GoatWhispers to enter the export business and send a few of those many Mogs sitting in storage (that the German dealer bought years ago) over here and share some of that iron with us!!

Last edited:

spicergear

Freighliner go together with Ma'benz to bring them in for service...from what I understand. Go to the 'Unimog Exchange' (google search it) and look there for a 406 if you want one without all the stuff on it and you'll be spending a LOT less money. Most people spend the money for the SEE trucks because they want the backhoe and bucket and other odd ends that come with it.

saddamsnightmare

January 17th, 2012.:p

I love my S404.114, but whats a 408 Ambulance work out to in $$$ versus Euros? The 408 was a neat little truck, but an SEE with all the attchments would be useful around a farm, not so useful in the City. If my next post takes me to the Mountains of PA or MD, I may be looking for an SEE to clear the driveway, as snowplows and blowers for S404.114's don't seem to be all that common.... A 408 switcher with the high rail units would be good too....
Havingdriven most of our M series, I still think the S/U series Unimogs were generally better and more capable trucks...:popcorn:

SteveKuhn

UniMog S404 w/ M105 Bed

I was at the sand blaster's yard on Sunday taking reflectors, etc. off of my M105 before it goes in for a blast 'n paint. The guy who rents part of the lot for his excavation equipment stopped by to talk. He liked the trailer, had seen my Deuce on the Hill decorated for Christmas and then mentioned he has a bedless Unimog parked in the back that he bought cheap last winter. It's still in various stages of getting road-ready. I asked to see it and he showed it.

Conversation turned to putting a bed of some sort on it, and the M105 idea came up because of its use on bobbers. And coincidentally there was one sitting right in front of us. We exchanged cards and later that evening I did some Googling to find out how that would work. I found this:

New "East Bloc" prime mover for East Wind

It shows clearly what could be involved. Some parts of the page have gaps where pictures apparently got deleted. Keep scrolling down.

Anyway, we talked again yesterday and of all things he found a 105 that day for sale really cheap in a neighboring town. He's actually thinking of doing it because he thinks might be less work, better appearance and more serviceability than he had planned for putting on a flatbed then some sides and stuff from scratch.

I'm just waiting for him to get it on the road so I can get a ride.

Steve

popz76

The only pic I can find of my old 404 radio truck. I hated the paint job but did'nt have it long enough to put it back right...sold it to California. It WAS fun to play with though for the few months I had it !

Attachments

1300UnimogDownUnder

From New Zealand

Hi Crew, We have had our Mog for sixteen years & have had so much fun.
Its a 1986 1300, it had 41 000 km's on it. We got all the in service maintance history with it. The winch was a good score, very lucky to get it. Not very user friendly though.
We bought it directly from the NZ Army disposials. We belong to the
New Zealand Military Collectors vehicle Club Inc.

Hope you all like the photos.
I mitecome back & add more.

saddamsnightmare

July 15th, 2012.

Love my Unimog, they may look unstable, but I'll take my 404 over almost anything short of an M35A2, and the Unimog will go where the deuces and jeeps fear to tread....:gimp2:

Picture #1 Winter at Lincoln Home NHS, Springfield. Picture # 2 Wall in front of Graceland, Memphis, TN (2010); Picture 3, Mississippi Riverfront in Memphis, 2010 road trip Texas to Illinois in 3 long days!

N.B. Her name is "Helga" after Haggar the Horrible's wife, as she sometimes behaves like Helga. I have been trying to get Haggar's original artist's son's permission to make a small magnetic copy of Helga to put on the snout on either side...... The magnetic sticker on the tailgate says it all: "Land Rover and Hummer Recovery Vehicle"

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks