• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog Won't Go

pat356jones

I have a Unimog FLU-419 and yesterday I moved it a couple hundred yards to do some work and it went forward fine. When I went to back up it would not go backwards. I put it in reverse as I always have but it would not move. I then put it in forward gear and it would not move forward either. I've tried everything - low range, high range, reverse and forward in low and high range, and everything seems to shift fine and the clutch seems OK but it just won't move in either direction. The PTO works OK and I used the backhoe some to do the work I needed to do and I moved it into place using the backhoe but it just won't go forward or backwards on its own. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this Unimog won't move?

Hank Baer

I have a Unimog FLU-419 and yesterday I moved it a couple hundred yards to do some work and it went forward fine. When I went to back up it would not go backwards. I put it in reverse as I always have but it would not move. I then put it in forward gear and it would not move forward either. I've tried everything - low range, high range, reverse and forward in low and high range, and everything seems to shift fine and the clutch seems OK but it just won't move in either direction. The PTO works OK and I used the backhoe some to do the work I needed to do and I moved it into place using the backhoe but it just won't go forward or backwards on its own. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this Unimog won't move?

pat356jones

Was it the air shift solenoid ?
I'm not sure but I think so. It was a part that was difficult to access under the passenger seat area. At first we thought we might need to cut a hand hole under the seat and cover it with a plate but my mechanic friend was able to access it without doing this. All I know is that he fixed it and that it's running great now and moving as it was built to move. Everything is working on it now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks