• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unit History

gcbennet

This topic came up in the past on here and the G but the threads just seem to dead-end. That said, i will bring the question forward once again and see where it leads this time.

Is there a way to research the unit, or even the base history of the truck based solely on the s/n? A database (mil or otherwise), or auction documents perhapse? I suspect my humvee is ex-USMC from the 1999 Barstow auction because it was titled for the first time in 2000 in CA. All of the original markings have long since been erased and I'd like to know at least something historical about my truck.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to have access to a System that I could possibly generate reports from the Army (sometimes I could sometimes they were blank). Unfortunetly, since leaving the service I do not have access to it anymore. I may in the future. CARNAC did, but no longer AFAIK.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This topic came up in the past on here and the G but the threads just seem to dead-end. That said, i will bring the question forward once again and see where it leads this time.

Is there a way to research the unit, or even the base history of the truck based solely on the s/n? A database (mil or otherwise), or auction documents perhapse? I suspect my humvee is ex-USMC from the 1999 Barstow auction because it was titled for the first time in 2000 in CA. All of the original markings have long since been erased and I'd like to know at least something historical about my truck.
if it has a fording kit..it's USMC, army does not equip it hmmwv's with this kit....if you have a DODACC it's easy to see where the truck came from and went too...that comes from the DD1387. But I doubt you are going to find a complete history of the Truck....most likely just it's last unit of assignment.

gcbennet

CARNAC has since pulled the plug on this one, unfortunately. Current rhetoric is that the Army and Marine vehicles have separate info databases. I wonder if there is a list somewhere of the s/n's that were caught in the 1999 Barstow auction?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is... I think it's somewhere on g503. I remember seeing a topic on it, but I don't recall where.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been published a few times over the years...just recently as a matter of fact....there are still folks around that attended those auctions....I know several. Just search the 'G'.

gcbennet

I recall that thread on the G as well and i believe there was reference to someone actually having such a list. It was suggested that it be posted for all to see but i don't believe it ever was.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks