• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

United States of Freight ++++

CapePrep

After all these glowing reviews, I have just submitted a request for shipping an LMTV from Bragg to Mass. Trying to get a handle on shipping costs before I pull the trigger on one of these beasts. I will report back with my findings. Is this company just a broker or do they actually do the shipping?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

Well Joey's done it again,....

Collected my crate with a Towbar and all its tools and as I type this is on its way to CA to meet up with my M105A2 for the ride home.

Great job again Joey!

Thanks mate!

Aussie.

Joey was great to work with. He called me and coordinated a time for the driver to pick up. He also followed up and straightened out a misunderstanding with the trucking company. He called me the following day to make sure the pickup had been made.

If I ever need anything big shipped, I will be calling Joey.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
After all these glowing reviews, I have just submitted a request for shipping an LMTV from Bragg to Mass. Trying to get a handle on shipping costs before I pull the trigger on one of these beasts. I will report back with my findings. Is this company just a broker or do they actually do the shipping?
Expect it to be in the $2.70 to $3.30 a mile range for a M1078 or up to $3.50 a mile for a M1083/M1088. Shipping north of DC gets to be a little pricey due to the Toll cost on a 5 axle setup. Specially since it is tolls from Baltimore all the way to Mass pretty much. Then also the traffic makes it go up as well.

https://www.dat.com/industry-trends/trendlines/flatbed/national-rates

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will bump this with a little update.

Joey is no longer with the company as he opened his own bar I guess in that area. His wife is still with the company so just ask for Mrs. Magee

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time they moved a conex for me (Nov.2018 ), the man in charge was Joey's partner/coworker, Jon Raum.
BTW, service was 1st class, as always!

And back in February this year when I emailed them (both) for a freight quote I noticed that it was him who responded, and Joey was not copy mailed in that reply mail.
So now I may have the explanation. Thanks Wes.

MTVR

I dealt with Nick, and I have absolutely no complaints. He did exactly what he said he was going to do, he did it on time, and the communication was stellar.

We had a minor challenge (not Nick's fault), and he went above and beyond the call of duty in offering to get it resolved for me.

I have an extensive and very successful background in the private sector, and in my professional opinion, Nick is a good guy to do business with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks