• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

unknown auxilliary transmission

rwelker

Some time ago I picked up a spicer auxiliary transmission at Coleman's. It's painted CARC so I'm assuming it's military. It has the round drive flanges like a 5 ton driveline. It's a four speed; 1 OD speed, 1 direct, and 2 under. The OD is 75%. Anyone have any idea what it's from?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could it be for one of the International Paystar dumps? I know they have auxiliary transmissions.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, but I've seen it done in a 725. I'm not too worried, overdive trans and cucv axles will prolly help alot.

rwelker

This one is much bigger than the "brownie" unit I've seen in the past. It goes probably close to 400 lbs. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

OSO

I rebiult one years ago it had four speeds in it .Installed in a 75 Ton mobile hydrualic truck crane powered by 318 Detroit Diesel. Long time ago I think main box was 5speed and aux. box was a 4 speed . Had to use all those gears, crane on 4 axles 128,000 lbs 11' wide. Pettibone was the manufacture, biult around 1972. 135' of stick by pushing on 4 levers. That was a big slow machine!!! [thumbzup]

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this aux trans. still round and would it fit under an M818?

Inquiring minds (and other sickos) want to know..

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I got to go with 'normal' tires, it is a very attractive idea. Please do check, if you are conveniently at Coleman's. I was at Clark's in 2006 and didn't notice anything like that but time goes on..

Chieftawny

Does anyone have a pic of one so i know what im looking for? Im thinking it looks like a divorced tranny right? I dont mind checking for you. Saturn Surplus is about .5 miles from me, in one direction, and Colemans is 3 miles the other direction. And there is a big rig wrecking yard up the road a little ways too!

Edit: Also, what was the common vehicle they came in?
Someone in St Louis has one forsale $450

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks