• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

unknown M35a2c bed brackets.

Blueduce

I'm just churous to know what these brackets are for. I have looked in the TM's and searched the web for any mention and could not find anything.

The first bar is on the front of the bed on both L/R sides. It has hanging from it two metal pieces that are the same as the ones on the metal elbows that hold the tarp when the sides are rolled up. I would assume that there where some kind of straps hanging from them at one time.

The second pick is of the "L" bracket in the very back of the bed. Again on both L/R sides of bed. This bracket has holes drilled into the bottom edge to mount the mud flap supports as seen. They also have six holes drilled into two diamond patterns as shown.

I would appreciate any help identifying what these two brackets are for.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The front brackets are for bow storage under the bed. Second ones aredoing what they do, supporting flap struts.

Blueduce

Kenny, I think he is talking about the holes in the vertical part of the rear frame. He did say six holes though.

Yes. 6 holes in two groups of three. If you look close you can see the two triangle shaped groups of holes. And thanks Recovery 4x4 for the heads up on the front brackets. That makes sense.

Last edited:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To add to what Recovry said about the bow holding brackets in the first pic, the things hanging on the rods are for canvas straps that once held the bows in place. The canvas straps often rot off.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just churous to know what these brackets are for.
The second pick is of the "L" bracket in the very back of the bed. Again on both L/R sides of bed. This bracket has holes drilled into the bottom edge to mount the mud flap supports as seen. They also have six holes drilled into two diamond patterns as shown.

I would appreciate any help identifying what these two brackets are for.

Thanks.
The rear brackets that you refer to, with the holes drilled in the diamond shape are doing exactly what they were meant to do, support the mud flap struts. If you are trying to establish what the holes are for, i can't help. FYI, there are not enough hours in a lifetime to figure out what each hole in a deuce is for.

mcmullag

stuff

I took mine off when I got my air force truck jonathan, the sibling truck to yours from Peterson AFB, and installed a pioneer tool rack. I don't think I knew what they were for. The white canvas straps that were on there, I may still have. I kept what I pulled off, its around here somewhere.

Blueduce

Thanks fellas. At least there was one person out there who knew what what the front brackets are for. I always knew the short sticks and the metal elbows went in the storage rack that is mounted to the front of the headache rack. I never knew the bows had a home. Learn something new everyday.

I agree it's impossible to know what every little hole in a deuce is for. But being in the military so long I know that there is usually a reason for it. It was just one of those "I wonder" moments.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, a few others have asked before(and been answered).

Also, if you had read(and possibly re-read) the -10(basic operators manual), it's in there too.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks