• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unknown Part M1165 A1

Crapgame

TM 9-2320-387-24P March 2002 Edition Figure 201P Left Wheelhouse Stowage Plate Item #1 Plate, Mounting Part 12518573 NSN 5340-01-473-8573

I've seen a few USMC HMMWV with the plates on both sides, sometimes with the Scepter MFC/MWC brackets on top even a few with the brown aluminum British-manufactured 81mm Mortar Cartridge Crate M821 HE bolted on top to stow excess BII etc.
Brit M821 Mortar Crate.jpg

Colditz

TM 9-2320-387-24P March 2002 Edition Figure 201P Left Wheelhouse Stowage Plate Item #1 Plate, Mounting Part 12518573 NSN 5340-01-473-8573
Can't be, because its only for the M1167 (TT1) and there is only a L.H. version, but no R.H. version.
But left and right are different parts, which needs different NSN / PN.

dma251 found the right answer, many thanks

thoner7

I have those shelves on mine, I tried to take them off for paint but wasn’t able to remove them. Let me know if anyone has some tips lol

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have those shelves on mine, I tried to take them off for paint but wasn’t able to remove them. Let me know if anyone has some tips lol
Mine were just as difficult to remove. The bolts are screwed into rivnuts and they are probably rusted and simply spinning when trying to loosen. I removed my ac condensor covers to gain better access. Using a small set of vice grip pliers, and a few moves I learned while playing twister, I was able to get the stuck fasteners removed.

thoner7

Is there a list of item that the military would have strapped to these plates? I’m looking for a large waterproof tote that’ll fit up over the fender

aconway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi there,

anyone know a NSN or PN of that part/plate/bracket that is above both rear wheelhouses? Or what the purpose of that is? Many thanks.

Cant find it in TM 9-2320-387-24P
Did you ever find a source for these ???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks