• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

unknown parts - for M37?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These couple spare parts came in the M37 I bought, they were loose in the bed. One looks like a clutch fork of some sort. The other is about 4 feet long, with metal pulley-looking ends, the pole between them is fiberglass. Not sure if this is some sorta weird accessory.

Any clues?

Attachments

MitchG

Mike not sure about the fork looking thing, but the long rod is an electrical item. One end would attach to a pole etc and the other end would have a hot wire hooked to it. The fiberglass is an insulator. I can't tell for sure from the pic but I would put money on a electrical standoff of some sort.

DieselBob

My first guess on the forked item was the same as TedG but I also think it might be a operating lever of some type. Maybe for something like a winch. I'm with MitchG on the fiberglass pole.

gerrykan

I think the fork is to engage or release the dog-clutch on a winch to allow the cable spool to free wheel.
What model winch, I do not know.

Oldfart

I think the fork is to engage or release the dog-clutch on a winch to allow the cable spool to free wheel.
What model winch, I do not know.
It looks like a winch clutch fork to me as well. It is not part of the Braden LU4 winch. Frankly, it looks like something external and older design. Maybe a WWII bed winch for an early wrecker???

carguy455

I have seen one of those fork type items somewhere in my travels, but I cannot for the life of me remember where. May have been at the Scout camp where we used M37's, or digging around in the junk M37's up at the now gone Spencer's Salvage. Someday, most likely in about a year I will wake up in the middle of the night from a dead sleep and remember it...:?:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks