• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unlisted MV yard in Michigan!!

Heath_h49008

I posted the issues I had when checking out "Real Man Toys" in Kalamazoo in that thread... But last weekend I also went to see a man named Dennis Myers in Copemish, Michigan

The address is:
18763 Maple St.
Copemish, Michigan 49625

Phone number: 1-800-319-6115 and local 231-378-2945

"Sun. 10-2-11 Just home after a six hour drive...

The dealer in Copemish, Mi was GREAT! This guy made time on a Sunday, had a truck picked out that he thought fit what I was looking for (It was, I'm buying it.) No pressure, no hassles, and was willing to answer all of my stupid questions as we walked around his trucks. She had been sitting for 6 months before he moved her this morning. At 7-8PM Dennis hit the button and she fired right up on the first turn... no buzzer... the tanks were still full pressure. Very little if any smoke."

He knows the machines, has parts on hand, and the trucks he has parted out looked better than the stuff the "American Surplus Salavage" guys "inventory!" Again, I have a ton of pictures. I'm going to try to get them all uploaded tomorrow..."

The photos will be added of his "small" lot and the selection he had there.

Dennis has parts... LOTS of parts... and his prices are quite reasonable for both complete trucks and parts.

I'm not certain if it's kosher for me to post his prices to give you guys an idea, so I would suggest calling him to see for yourself. He has 5tons, M35A2s, and M35A3s in stock, as well as tires, take off parts...

I can say personally, Dennis is a refreshing guy to deal with. Straightforward, no pressure, and very knowledgeable. He uses these trucks everyday, and isn't just some flipper out for a quick buck. I've sold commercial autoparts for over 10 years, and can say with certainty, I trust the man, and was darn glad to Dave for sending me to him. The least I can do is pay-it-forward and share the find.

Heath_h49008

Maybe Dave didn't want the info shared.
Nope! I asked first. He has two other businesses, and this seems to be an overgrown hobby for him that has become another one. He was laughing that if he was retired he would have a lot more MVs.

He said he just hasn't had the extra time to really advertise or build up a website/storefront for the trucks yet.

It might be why his prices are so reasonable... he was a collector/operator first, and a MV and parts broker second. Just a guess...

I also have no association with him beyond being a very impressed customer.

Heath_h49008

I've seen his stuff on CraigsList, but never delt with him.

ps. Congratulations on buying a truck.
Thanks!

She should come home at the end of the month, or the first of the year depending... (I picked one a bit more expensive than I was prepared for.) I chose this one:

I will have a lot of work ahead of me before she looks half as good as yours. I must say, reading your build and seeing your fabrications for your lift really inspired me to get one. I was lurking for a long time before I could do it, and you really put the bar high with what was possible.

As for Dennis, I can't say enough good things. After the nightmare in Kalamazoo, and the misinformation on the 'net, it was really great to find such a resource. Check him out.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heath, Im glad you finally found your truck, from what I see your happy about it to. Thats cool. Good for you. Let me know if you need anything.:beer:

Heath_h49008

I thought I should add some things to this seeing as how I have all these pretty pictures from up there, and I'm trying to talk Dennis (The owner) into becoming a Steel Soldiers vendor.

Here you go guys....

Attachments

Heath_h49008

The man's name is Dennis Myers and his business phone number is 231-378-2945.

He also has a barn full of parts from scrapped trucks as well as NOS... he is in the process of coming up to speed on the parts side. (sorting, pricing and cataloging can take a LOT of time and he has a ranch and store to run aside from his truck hobby/business)

I have never seen, nor heard of anyone with as many firetruck deuces as he has in one place.

If you need a reminder as to the kind of guy he is to deal with, feel free to ask me or any of the other guys here on the site who have gotten parts and trucks from him. PM me anytime.

If you want a bit of his pricing... that M35A2 in the second set with the two trailers is a BEAUTIFUL hard top w/winch and he wants $5500.

Any other prices? Call him. Tell him Heath sent you and he needs to get on SteelSoldiers. :beer:

Heath_h49008

By the way... for anyone who thought my recommendation of Dennis as a stand-up person to deal with might have been overstated. I had a problem with the trans in my truck, due to no fault on Dennis' part, or mine. He made it right.

Consider that when you look for parts or trucks. When the rubber meets the road, his word is solid.

How many people can you say that about these days?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks