• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unloading a deuce, no animals where harmed.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What would have stopped the truck then??
If you(Mudgoose) are considering this unloading method, try it in your back yard. The deep mud ruts, should slow it down enough to stop it before hitting the trees.:razz:

SasquatchSanta

Reminds me of something I did earlier this winter. After we finished building the Pumpkin (M37) I decided to haul the donor/cannibalized M37 that we robbed all the mechanical parts from to the woods. Since it had a good hood and tailgate that someone might want later we decided to remove it in the shop where we had tools rather than risk having to someday remove them in the woods. We removed the hood and tailgate and loaded them in the bed. Since it was only a mile to the woods I didn't tie anything down.

There was about a foot of snow on the ground and it was cold so we (I) decided not to get the ramps out to unload the trailer. I decided to just roll it off the trailer. I unchained it and gave it a shove. When the rear wheels rolled off and hit the ground the the perfectly good hood bounced out of the back of the truck and was ran over by both the front and rear wheels.

Not my finest hour:oops:

tm america

i unloaded a bronko off my trailer the hard way once i was taking it to the scrap yard .it had no wheels or rear end . i only put one chain on each end since i was only going about a mile to the bone yard . i turned a corner to fast while hitting a bump . the binder popped loose truck hopped up on its side chain caught almost flipped the trailer it was on two wheels side of bronko was on the ground .with my trailer tires caught between the floor and the frame i was stuck with just one chain and binder free to set things right. so i used the chain and binder to flip it back down and pulled it there hanging off .scary just scary

bubba_got_you

[FONT=&quot]I did this with one of my m37’s but after 24houres of non-sleep I decided to get in it and steer it. Now that’s not too bad but you see we had a tilt trailer and the e-brake on. So when it went off…well I went for an interesting ride.:roll::wink::-D [/FONT]

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok, that was a cool video, but I don't get it. You had a remote for the tilt gate/ramp for your trailer. The truck rolled pretty easily on it's own. Why didn't you...

1. use the air compressor in your video to pump up your air tanks so you had good brakes

2 lay the remote up on the truck with the cord not around the mirrors or anything to get caught on.

3. climb in the truck, and with the remote in hand out the drivers window, lower the ramp.

4, when the truck starts to roll and you fear you are getting too close to running out of remote cord...toss the remote (they can handle the bouncing off the ground)

5. After the front wheels clear the ramp...step on the brake pedal and stop the truck.

you guys need a lesson in redneck problem solving...lol :twisted::twisted::razz::razz::-D:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang Speddmon, thats alot of work. When Alredneck and I unloaded the M59 here we did a somewhat similar thing. Since the truck had no brakes and wasn't running, we unchained it and put it in low range reverse. I sat in the truck and Captain slowly pulled it back to the dovetail with my burb. Once on the dovetail we unhooked the burb and I started a slow decent by riding the clutch until it made it to terra firma.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the difference between you and the poster...you had help. I don't think his kid would be driving the burb...LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks