• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unloading help needed in Missoula Montana

PureMayhem

Are there any SteelSoldiers members in or near Missoula Montana that would be willing to help unload an M923A2 off a truck and drive it to a residence in Missoula sometime in late May or June?

PureMayhem

I appreciate the suggestions. I looked up the nearest MV club and it is in Bozeman which is about 3 1/2 hours away and I didn't see any 5 tons listed in their list of MV's. I am mainly concerned about the startup and driving to my BIL's house. It shouldn't be a very log drive, maybe a couple of miles at most but I would prefer to have someone who is familiar with the startup procedure, driving and shutdown procedures to drive it off the truck and get it to my BIL's house. I may check with the local NG armory to see if anyone there could help but I was hoping that an SS member from that area could assist.

Artisan

The tow truck companies in the area would be my next bet.
A quick tutorial on the phone and they will be OK I suggest.

cobra5

Are there any SteelSoldiers members in or near Missoula Montana that would be willing to help unload an M923A2 off a truck and drive it to a residence in Missoula sometime in late May or June?
Do you have a better idea on time frame? Also where is it going to be unloaded and where does it need to be driven? I think the club is Bozeman is no longer because their website hasn't been updated in awhile and the last I knew the president was selling off his vehicles. Kind of lonely out here glad to see a 5 ton coming to town.

PureMayhem

I wish I had a better idea of the timeframe. I am going to post it in UShip to go in the next 2 weeks and see what comes up. I want to store it at my BIL's house which is just off Mullan Rd about 3 miles West of Reserve St. Depending on what type of trailer it ships on, I may have to take off the top and put the windshield down and tarp over the cab so some assembly may be required before unloading. The Semi should be able to drive pretty close to my BIL's house if not right outside it so the drive will not be long. My SIL is from Stevensville. Her maiden name is Severson (sp?).

cobra5

Okay, I work at the airport in Missoula so I have an idea on the location. Have you looked at Google earth to see if there is a spot close to your BIL house that a semi will be able to off load and get in/out?

PureMayhem

Yes I have and I think it can be unloaded right by his house but it would be better if I can find a loading ramp somewhere in town. If not it is going to cost me a lot more. Do you know of any loading ramps in Missoula I could use?

PureMayhem

Update 5/29/14 - I found a transportation Co. out of Hot Springs, MT to deliver the truck. They will pick it up next week. They will use a step deck trailer and have ramps so I will not need a wrecker to help unload. It turns out the owner has a 5 ton so he is familiar with them. I found him through U Ship so I will let you know how this turns out once the truck is in Missoula. I have to take off the top of the exhaust, and the top of the spare tire davit boom to meet the DOT height restrictions.

PureMayhem

The truck left today and will be in Missoula, MT in 3 days. The driver has a M931 so he knows how to drive it and can unload with some help from Soldier B.

PureMayhem

Update - The truck arrived safely in Missoula with no issues. I used Spring Valley Drilling Services out of Hot Springs, Montana and I would recommend Scott Viegut to anybody looking to transport their MV in the Northern Rocky Mountain region. Scott has a step deck trailer and heavy duty ramps so getting the truck on and off the trailer was easy. He also has a M931 so he is familiar with driving them. I will drive it the last 60 miles to Rancho Costa Plenty in Polson when I get there in July.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks