• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unusual M35 - water purifier

DanMartin

Coolness...

Looks like the "ERDLator" referenced in the standard catalog of US military vehicles 2nd edition book on pg 151. 1500 gals/hr. Looks complete too.

I will alert Mr. Doyle for a "rareness" estimate.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I did not see a generator with this but I think it would take at least a 10Kw model to even make a drop of water. Very interesting model thanks for posting this.

papercu

it ships world wide! Can he do that
Maybe, It may have a NSN that is not DEMIL B OR Q or may have been bought originally outside military channels. I don't know what Customs would require for export. Wayne

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't sell it, been relisting it forever. From what I understand the filters that unit uses are rare as hen's teeth now.

dc3coyote

I dont really know why not update it to a new RO system, then you could double the truck set up
since they are small. plus there is virtually no maintaince, and you could get fresh water from seawater.

DanMartin

I heard back from David Doyle...he claims that these are rather rare and worthy of preservation. Since this one looks pretty complete (minus a genset?) it might be a good project. I could see this thing getting high marks at a convention if it's fully restored and shiny (on the inside of course).

I wish I could do it...but I don't have the facilities to give it the makeover it deserves. Heck, it's even on the correct side of the country! *sigh*

AaronW

What to do?

Went and looked at one of these yesterday. The very nice owner also had a M52 5 ton. I can get both trucks for a song, but have not pulled the trigger. I hate that both trucks seem to be scrap/ part out jobs. Tons of $ would be required to restore either of these old warriors.

The ERDlator deuce is a winch/Whistler

The 5 ton will run with batts.

Both would require lowboy transport.

AAARRRRGGGGG What to do? I need more junk like I heed 3 holes in my head!

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see anything wrong with those trucks, maybe a few missing parts, but no torch burns etc

Why lowboy transport? Get the 5 ton running, tow the water truck with it. Duh! :-D

54reo

If you can "get them both for a song" but you don't need anymore projects, why not buy and resell? It would stink to see them get parted out any more than they already have been.

If you have the space to store them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks