• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Up and running again!!

dmills421

My M35A2 went Thru hurricane Harvey and suffered so damage! Water/junk in fuel system caused a injector to clog and engine to run like crap. All the salt water froze the starter up, got in front axle, transmission and transfer case. So here is what all I replaced and fixed. All 6 injectors, all 6 fuel lines from injection pump to injectors and new starter all from Memphis Equipment. Spin on fuel filter/oil filter adapter kits from Jatonka. I drained all fluids from axles, transmission, transfer case. Engine runs good. Still digging all the grass that floated up underneath the truck. Will need to replace generator at some point. It’s showing to be charging in the yellow on the gauge. Also got a pin hole in the radiator from flying debris. Will be cruising the beach by summer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A good time to consider Wolverine's alternator kit (civy alt plus bracket). Glad to hear that you fixed the major battle scars and she's running again. One word to the pics. You do not seem to have the rubber backed flat clamps installed that lock all six injector lines together. They are needed to prevent excessive vibration and cracking of the lines. If you do not have them, you can get them from the usual vendors or use small rubber backed clamps to lock the lines together or fabricate a clamp out of two bicycle brake pads
7514.jpg71dk4ZSNvAL._SL1500_.jpg

Not affiliated, but here is the link for the alternator: http://www.wolverinetechnologiesllc.com/AlternatorKitM35M54.html
The original alternators are expensive to replace and their power output is low, compared to size and weight.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks