• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Update on 53 REO T case.

austinaubinoe

Well... Looks like my T case has good gears!! Looks like the input is broken though!

Attached are pics of my transfer case, and the input on the spare T case, and the Good high range gear (I believe). Man it sure is easy to get to the t case / trans on these trucks!

Also pictured:
-What is that output on the trans for? Moves in and out when you shift.

-Look at this great rust hole fix.......

Attachments

austinaubinoe

anyone know where I can get the part that broke? I COULD pull it off my spare T case, But would rather leave that one complete.

Any links to a write up replacing that part would be nice!

austinaubinoe

I emailed Erik and this is what he had to say:

Austin,
I don't have the transfer case companion flange. You might try Memphis Equipment 901-774-0600

If you have a spare transfer case you might consider installing it... that companion flange problem looks serious. The flange is torn up from rubbing/hitting nearby parts. I'd inspect the input shaft bearings closely for damage. I think something came apart in the transfer case input shaft gears/synchro cluster or a bearing let go. The transfer case is several hundred pounds so a good quality transmission jack is needed.

The rod on the transmission is what used to go to the transfercase sprag clutch. The air shift upgrade kit replaced the sprag clutch so the trans shift rod was no longer needed. Later transmissions did not even have the shift rod.

regards,
Erik von Seggern

ERIK'S MILITARY AND INDUSTRIAL SURPLUS
25251 JACKRABBIT ACRES
ESCONDIDO, CA 92026
760-747-8863
fax 760-432-9425
Erik's Military and Industrial Surplus - Military Vehicle Parts, Industrial and Military Surplus Electronics
CAGE 6LJX1

Now that I know it is called a companion flange, I googled it and found this! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flange-Comp...ies&vxp=mtr&hash=item41607c407e#ht_500wt_1268

Is $45 an appropriate price on this item? Is this even the correct part? And does anyone think that I will have significant internal damage?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks