• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Update on M35A2 And brake problem

jkelly66

Hello agian just thought I would update everyone on my progress I posted a few days ago about not getting enough juice to my starter thanks to the good sudgestions I recieved back I changed out my ground cable kleened where it whent to the frame changed my filters and she fiered right off love the way these whistlers sound. I will have pictures forth comming in the next couple of days.
Now on to my next problem I think they drained all my brake fluid when they turned the truck in. I have a small brake line comming off a T just to the right of my air pack this is the line that goes to the front axel. I cannot figue out where it goes and I am thinking that they might have put it there when they drained the fluid it dosent reach anything that I can find btw. it is ont the cross msmber to the right of air pack. It was loose enough to unscrew with my fingers. I gotta good mind to go get a plug that size and put it in fill and bleed my brake systen but dont want to waste money and time. any help would be apriciated thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That tee receives fluid from the air pack and then sends it to the front for front brakes and to the rear for the back. Unless its a real early truck, the line going fwd crosses to the passenger side on the front side of the crossmember behind the tranny then up the frame to the top of the front axle.

jkelly66

thanks for the help. I checked all other fluids in the tranny diffs. and in the engine. the coling system was drained and both radiater hoses disconected I replaced and filled radiator and change oil and filters before cranking the first time.
About the brake line T there is the large brake line that comes from the air pack and than there is the little one just like a standard car brake line I have traced all lines front and rear thats the only one disconected and dosent make any sense. Where would it connect to the air pack please I am missing it Thanks again everyone here is very helpful

jkelly66

I found what I am looking at is an air line the place in question is #6 on the scematic for the air lines that is where they had a regular line screwed in but not tight cant figure out why it was there oh well think I will just plug it not unless anyone knows something that should be there.............thanks again everyone

houdel

Item #6 is a tee, item #5 a tube nut and item #1 is a vent line. Perhaps someone scavanged your vent line and left a plug in its place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks