• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

update on my M1009 purchase

alltheway82nd

Having purchased a 1984(as per title)M1009...It is in North Carolina ...I am in Michigan....(I have family in both states).I will not be able to get it till the summer(anticipation!) It was titled to the previous owner in 2004 it was sold at an estate auction...so I know little about it(except that the body is clean as my brother checked it for me)It is missing the back seat and it wasn't running...I paid 2500 for it as it seemed to me to be a fair price for a clean complete start or a good deal if it was in good condition...My brother called me yesterday and gave me good news in that he put 2 batteries in it and got it running and " lot drove" it as I am still waiting for the title to get back from SOS NC so I can tag it. Thus begins my MV ownership Just thought I would share my new purchase....Larry

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats. Sound like a good start. I know the wait can be a killer.

KansasBobcat

Sounds like a deal on a running M1009 with clean body. You still need to watch for rust. Check your local junkyards for rear seat...shipping would be expensive. Some people just leave them out anyway.

alltheway82nd

I will be looking to buy one but will try to be patient as I really don't have too have but I do have a POC for a guy in NC (local) that has several blazers (Civvy) that he is parting out so I may see about getting a set from him if the price is right and they are in good shape. Also going to see what else he has that may fit mine and buy me some extra goodies what I can fit in the back!! Any help for good or hard to find bits to look for on civvy blazers will be appreciated

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks