• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UPDATE !! Stand alone 002A diesel starts,then immediately stalls ?

donaldl

Gentlemen;Posted earlier on an older thread. After reinstalling my injector pump I now get no firing at all.Worse than before.So either my original problem is compounded or I have lost pump time.
So thanks to Mr.Jamawieb on earlier timing post I discovered that your IP pump control rod must be in idle position to fill IP cavity.I now get copious fuel at injectors. But according to Jamawieb,s timing tutorial I am not timed correctly.Much more than 15 degrees from PC,and engine doesn't even hint at firing.
So can anyone post a quick tutorial about timing my injector pump?
Also where can I get a new spacer #17, for the delivery valve assembly ?
Thanks,DonaldL.

R Racing

When I did mine. I brought it up to compression til I saw the PC line. I then removed my injection pump. Removed the screw in its side. and put in a 1/8 drill bit. rotated My Pump Til the Drill Bit Found the Alignment hole. Then remounted the injection pump. Then removed the drill bit. And replaced the screw To cover the hole.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its not really a good practice to start new threads for the same issue. Please try to keep all the info in one thread so that people know the history and the results of your efforts.

donaldl

Gentlemen;Thanks for staying interested. 10-4 to GimpyRobb on posting protocol.I was afraid I had lost my audience.
So here is what I did all weekend.Worked on my IP and have had success this Monday morning.After pulling the pump 6 different times I finally got it right and it started.Ran for 1 hour then stopped.My original problem .....I think...was that **** viton spacer.So this morning,after correctly timing my pump I filed an O-ring to hold the delivery valve in place and work as a spacer.The engine fired up and ran for one hour and stopped.I removed the delivery valve and found my O-ring had parted. I cannot believe this unit is dependent on a Viton seal.But it appears I need that AMBAC #35 spacer. Anyone have suggestions?? DonaldL

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
More than one person has had issues with that part. Have you tried contacting Ambac? I think they have a minimum order, if so I would be happy to go in on a purchase of some of these with you. PM me and let me know what you find out.

jamawieb

Gentlemen;Thanks for staying interested. 10-4 to GimpyRobb on posting protocol.I was afraid I had lost my audience.
So here is what I did all weekend.Worked on my IP and have had success this Monday morning.After pulling the pump 6 different times I finally got it right and it started.Ran for 1 hour then stopped.My original problem .....I think...was that **** viton spacer.So this morning,after correctly timing my pump I filed an O-ring to hold the delivery valve in place and work as a spacer.The engine fired up and ran for one hour and stopped.I removed the delivery valve and found my O-ring had parted. I cannot believe this unit is dependent on a Viton seal.But it appears I need that AMBAC #35 spacer. Anyone have suggestions?? DonaldL

The only place I know of is AMBAC to get the spacer. The last time I ordered some (last month), they will let you buy one but they are expensive.

donaldl

update

Mr.Gimbyrobb;Yes I called this afternoon.I forgot it is a national holiday.All I need is that spacer.What is your list of parts and I will call first thing tomorrow.My email at home is (deleted) DonaldL.

Ps,What is the PM mean in your post?

Last edited:

jamawieb

Mr.Gimbyrobb;Yes I called this afternoon.I forgot it is a national holiday.All I need is that spacer.What is your list of parts and I will call first thing tomorrow.My email at home is. DonaldL.

Ps,What is the PM mean in your post?
PM means private message. :)

Last edited:

Triple Jim

If you leave your email address posted, the spam robots will harvest it and you'll be sorry. Now both donaldl and jamawieb need to delete it.

donaldl

Gentlemen; Ambac wants $28 for a .50 cent Viton spacer + $10 shipping. Nice lady Melody says those are government prices, (we are all doomed )..........I refuse to pay that. I can get around this problem.Will post later. DonaldL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks