• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Updated - MEP-803a Has arrived! (Formerly "On Its way")

jamawieb

All normal looking stuff, the rust between the block and head is normal. It looks like it does have a leak on the water pump. Personally I wouldn't worry about it because most of the time that build up seals the leak. I would recommend changing the fuel return lines and the fuel lines to the pumps. Yours are cracked and will eventually leak.

Jayhawk#44

Things I noticed whole vacuuming out the cobwebs:

Obviously someone lost the fuel filter battle. Looks like, they drained the oil, took off the oil filter, destroyed the fuel filter, gave up and gave up.

The hour meter reads 22.7 hours. Not the 222.7 in the auction listing.

Here's to hoping it was a runner undergoing incompetent quitter maintenance.

FU1 fuse and cap are still MIA.

Hopefully, January to fire it up. 2 boys playing basketball leaves little time for much else.

Take care!

Matt

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Save yourself the grief... take the roof off above the controls, and remove the side panel near the water separator (or remove all bolts except for the very lowest right position... its a PITA to get to, and if you leave it in place you can rotate the entire panel up and out of the way) to access it from the side. Best tool is a nice chain filter wrench, grab it as high up as you can and give it hell. Oil the seal when you reinstall (unlike what was done at the factory...)

Jayhawk#44

Save yourself the grief... take the roof off above the controls, and remove the side panel near the water separator (or remove all bolts except for the very lowest right position... its a PITA to get to, and if you leave it in place you can rotate the entire panel up and out of the way) to access it from the side. Best tool is a nice chain filter wrench, grab it as high up as you can and give it hell. Oil the seal when you reinstall (unlike what was done at the factory...)
Dupont Krytox Teflon grease is my go to on all things with a rubber o-ring, or seal. Effortless removal down the line of such things since it does not degrade or get washed away. There are higher temp versions that are probably better, but the 206 is what I have and works well.

Take care,

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks