• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Updated pg #5; I now own a 1990 M923A2.

SirKen

After a little back and forth I have made my first purchase of a military vehicle.

The truck runs excellent, it was rebuilt in 2010 at a cost of $67,135.00.This rebuild included a brand new engine. All of the lights work, as does the horn, hand-brake, ABS brakes, in short everything works as it should. Very little surface rust, both front tires are brand new, One rear tire has a slow leak. Working out the transportation side, title transfer, and attempting to get my wife to talk to me again.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tornadogt

Welcome, Most wives get over the first truck pretty fast..... when the 3rd and 4th truck arrive on the same day, now that was a tough one to explain. Best of luck and nice truck.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That slow leak is almost certainly the o ring between the wheel halves. The CTIS should keep it aired up for you. Beyond just keeping an eye on it I recommend treating it with large doses of benign neglect....

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! Once she goes for a ride in it she'll love it. My wife thoroughly enjoys taking the trucks into town, she's even driven the M35A3 and the M931A2 a couple times.

Carlo

After a little back and forth I have made my first purchase of a military vehicle.

The truck runs excellent, it was rebuilt in 2010 at a cost of $67,135.00.This rebuild included a brand new engine. All of the lights work, as does the horn, hand-brake, ABS brakes, in short everything works as it should. Very little surface rust, both front tires are brand new, One rear tire has a slow leak. Working out the transportation side, title transfer, and attempting to get my wife to talk to me again.
If my wife knew just how many pieces of equipment I really have I would be more than just in the dog house. She still thinks I have only one tracked unit.
Nice truck!

SirKen

I know this is a odd question, But what in the big crate in the bed ??
I couldn't get an answer on that question. Kinda talked around the subject, it will be removed prior to delivery though (for the best I'm sure).

Thank you guys for the welcome and the advice. Off to study up on the TM's now.

SWMARTINA

My M813 arrived on mothers day 3 years ago. (not by choice on that particular day ). Texted her friends that I had lost my mind. She said that she would ride in it over her dead body. My son suggested that if she should pass away we could use the truck instead of a hearse. Bill

DanDan

I'm noticing a common theme with the wives. After a bunch of screaming and one night on the couch all is good now again. Luckily the three kids love the M931A2.I certainly have no use for a truck and my back is totally screwed from so many trips in the back of a deuce (or several other army vehicles) but I do love driving her. I told the wife I only bought it to resell. :)

Good luck!

SirKen

I'm noticing a common theme with the wives. After a bunch of screaming and one night on the couch all is good now again. Luckily the three kids love the M931A2.I certainly have no use for a truck and my back is totally screwed from so many trips in the back of a deuce (or several other army vehicles) but I do love driving her. I told the wife I only bought it to resell. :)

Good luck!
Yep, my wife is already in the "whatever" mode of this and the trucks not even delivered yet. Suppose to be here by the weekend.

lindsey97

When I bought our M923A1 my wife helped me pick it out. We looked at several, but kept going back to the one we bought. Between the wife and I, the truck was a compromise purchase. I wanted a jeep TJ, and she wanted a Polaris razr. I think we picked the right vehicle.

She could hardly wait until I got it insured, mounted a tag light bracket from "those military guys", fixed the horn and found 24 volt light bulbs. She drove it to work every Friday for at least two months.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks