• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

updated pics of my hemtt restoration

Jones

Damon,
Delicate, fragile little flower that I am; my feelings are very hurt by your post.
If you only took a minute to think about it, you'd know that comment about having to hide your silverware is both unfair and untrue.
I mean, have YOU ever tried to run with your pockets full of forks?

dma251

Here's a couple from today. It's still not dry yet, but a lot of the gloss is gone now.

I've ordered 4 more gallons of green, three of black, and one brown. I'll shoot the camo in about two weeks.

Attachments

OSO

That Paint job Looks like a Good Factory JOB Controlled Climate While the paint was applied and while drying AAAAAAAAAA+++++++++ Paint Work [thumbzup] [thumbzup]

dma251

It'll look even better in two weeks when I throw a few more gallons of green on it and then start with the black and brown! I still need to go at it with a conventional HVLP gun to get the tight spots where I can't hit it with the airless. I'll unwrap it in about two weeks and start putting the rest of the clearance lights and decals/dataplates on it.

THANKS GUYS!!!!

dma251

Okay - today I began making good on a promise to SS member Quark, who has very patiently been waiting for the wheels and tires to be liberated from my hemtt so he can put them on his own project.

I have kept so many pots on the fire over the last year that I finally had to just say "pick a date, and come get 'em", so that I had the motivation to mount up the bolt-together wheels and XZL tires I am swapping over to.

That time was today....

Actually I mounted 5 of them a couple days ago, today I had to swap the 5 over. Why only 5? Because I am missing 4 of the ever-elusive made from solid un-obtainium valve stems and O-rings for the combat wheels, so I could only do what I had parts for. The rear three tire positions are gonna be doing the "white-trash parking" routine on blocks until I get the other 3 wheels and a spare put together.

IF ANYONE HAS 4 COMBAT VALVE STEMS PM ME!!!!

By the way - the RoboImpact works awesome!

Attachments

Jones

As always, your work and progress are second to no one.
Can't wait to see the next installment.

Do we need to come up with some more Oshkosh mudflaps? The air tanks look a little vulnerable right now.

PM me about the fenders you made a while back. My machinery isn't quite a flexible as yours seems to be and I've got to make up a new set for the back of the baby HEMTT when the crane gets set in place. Extra brain cells are always welcome.