• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Updated pics on my profile and a couple of questions

67383wagon

I've got almost everything working except the heater and cold start
Question 1: The heater blows air as it should but no heat. Looking for any tips before I dig into the heater core. Also anyone know where to get replacement air duct pieces?

Question 2: The cold start does not have power to the glow plug, is it fused? The pump doesn't appear to pump and fuel, the guage is broke and there seams to be an extra air/fuel line with a fitting on the end not hooked up to anything.
Now there is a line hooked into the front of the intake (for pressure gauge?) and one into the rear (fuel) and the other just hanging down.
Also what is that pressure gauge called so I can get a replacement?

Question 3: My throttle cable works (dash pull knob) but it's like full throttle or nothing. I pull it out like two notches and it goes full throttle. Typical? Adjustable?

Any time and knowledge is greatly appreciated

autoshopteacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What truck are you working on? My 817 has a pull handle that is the emergency fuel shut off. Pull it and it shuts off fuel to the IP. You must reset it manually at the injector pump before you can restart. As to the other questions, take a look at the -34 TM's. They are pretty good.
Re-read your throttle cable question. Check the cable attachment under the hood for appropriate routing (no sharp turns, kinks) and lube the cable with a very lite lube. I'm not a real fan of WD40 as a lube but it might do what you need.

Last edited:

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got almost everything working except the heater and cold start
Question 1: The heater blows air as it should but no heat. Looking for any tips before I dig into the heater core. Also anyone know where to get replacement air duct pieces?

Question 2: The cold start does not have power to the glow plug, is it fused? The pump doesn't appear to pump and fuel, the guage is broke and there seams to be an extra air/fuel line with a fitting on the end not hooked up to anything.
Now there is a line hooked into the front of the intake (for pressure gauge?) and one into the rear (fuel) and the other just hanging down.
Also what is that pressure gauge called so I can get a replacement?

Question 3: My throttle cable works (dash pull knob) but it's like full throttle or nothing. I pull it out like two notches and it goes full throttle. Typical? Adjustable?

Any time and knowledge is greatly appreciated
Sounds like your heat valves are turned off. Pretty common to turn them off in the hot weather. Not sure about the other problems. Good luck.