• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Updates on my uh-1e gunship

Danger Ranger

I'll have one in my next childhood. No problems....:cookoo:

No, seriously though, that is one very nice bird, it looks amazing, and I hope it flys that way too.:mrgreen:

stampy

OK, if this was ever about one upsmanship.....You win! Amazing restore! Truly a great looking ( and sounding ) gunship. I hope you fly her in good health!!:jumpin:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I want one! but even before I clicked on the link my wife said NO!. Dang women just don't understand sometimes. Heck of a yard ornament. Rednecks have the concrete deer, we MV people have deuces, 5 tons, and choppers littering the lawn.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey guys,
thanks for the great comments!..Took 2 years and alot of work but she is almost done. This was a test run and she did it with flying colors!..so to speak..My labs cant wait to go for a ride..I had to chain them in the truck bed to stop them from jumping in the back when we were firing it up.hehehe...But all good things come to an end..check it out..prorities have to be reset..Time to pass the tourch to another caregiver..Got lots of pictures and memories to tell the grandchildren when that time comes..Kevin..
1965 HUEY GUNSHIP UH-1E MILITARY BELL AIRCRAFT HELICOPTER UH-1 UH-1H 204 m998 | eBay

littlebob

Awesome job! There was a guy locally that restored a OH58 and was planning on doing whatever he wanted with it.
After spending probably hundreds of thousands of dollars, he found out he could only fly it with special permits to and from special events. A friend of mine flew it for him when he brought to The traveling wall here a few years ago.

Flyingvan911

Wow. That's an amazing piece of work. Thanks for the pics and video. I sure wish I'd win the lottery. That would be awesome parked next to my deuce at the RV storage lot. Lol.

Troll1216

Awesome job! There was a guy locally that restored a OH58 and was planning on doing whatever he wanted with it.
After spending probably hundreds of thousands of dollars, he found out he could only fly it with special permits to and from special events. A friend of mine flew it for him when he brought to The traveling wall here a few years ago.

just out of curiosity, why the special permits?

VERY nice looking bird....

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Guys,
As they say , its been a labor of love!..Its really cool after 2 years hearing those rotor blades beating the air! I swore I was not going to sell it until i got it running. So maybe next will be a harrier Jet!...I wish!....
Got alot of very cool photos...
Kevin...

ps, Its been Going CRAZY on EBAY. Got offered some very cool trades from people! But looking for cash and carry people.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks