• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrade an LDT?

Deuce-bigalo

Hey DR - I have a manual I could copy on the LDS465, scan it and possibly e-mail to you!! Let me know man! This is a Troubleshooting and Maintence Manual from Memphis equipment. Let me know!!

John

P.S. - it's like a 50 page book, nothing like the TM's bulk. This 50 (or so) pager has neat pictures that are labeled and very informative. The invitation is open to anyone who wants a copy of it BTW!! If I have enough requests perhaps I can put it on CD for you, depending on the final scanned file size!

Desert Rat

DB,
I'll definitely take a copy. I can use all the information I can get. I'd love to compare the differences. I looked at an LDS at Howard's which had a label on it saying it had Deuce pistons in it so loads were limited to a certain amount. Thanks bunches. My PM is full. Sorry. E-mail me.

rdixiemiller

I talked with a retired Marine motor pool sergeant. He told me that he used to take any blown LDS engines from the 5 tonners and rebuild them with LDT parts. He told me they had taken 2 "rod through the block" LDS's, and a LDT with burned up pistons from too much gasoline, and built 1 engine. They used the LDT block and crank, and all the internals from the 2 LDS's. That was his "personal" deuce. As far as he knew, you could use the LDS pistons, liners, fuel pump, and injectors with an LDT engine and it would work. As for the radiator being small, he said that he never had any issues with his. The cooling system on the deuce is very robust, you would probably never have any issues.
He did say to use the LDS head gaskets.

Deuce-bigalo

Alrighty! I will keep searching for it! My wife I think might have filed it somewhere and I am on the quest to find it! As soon as I do, I'll let you guys know!

John

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wyattearp (James) if you read this, the second engine you received from me
with the loose heads, is an LDS-465-1A (I'm not sure about the -1A).
You may be able to compare features. The block, pistons and heads appeared in good condition. It had a large turbo w/waste gate.
According to my TM 9-2815-210-34-2-1, the injector nozzles for the LDS (-1A and -2) engines only have one hole
compared to the 2-hole injector nozzles for the LDS (-1), LD and LDT engines.

Desert Rat

James,
I'd love to hear about those comparisons! Any other bits of differences as well would be helpful too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks