• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrade complete

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This must be a browser issue. My computer at work using IE8 or 9 or whatever the heck version it is, has the centered replies. My home computer using SRWare Iron on Linux is left justified just like it's supposed to be.
There's a incorrect tag in one of the templates, going to have to track that down.

Where did the PM's go? I had a lot of contact info on them.

Rick
Found them, Not exactly sure how or if I can do it again but at least I know they are still in there somewhere.
The color combo's are still very hard to see, That has been a complaint of mine for years.

Rick
Top right corner near your user name, Orange envelope with a number on it.

Contrast will be tweaked.

original

I like the changes; however, I'm going to miss the old color scheme. I always felt like I was sitting in a deuce with the old colors. Now, it feels modern and linked with current military gear. Great job, I'll just have to adjust to the site and watch a few MASH episodes. Thanks to all who put their time and effort into making this site possible.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This new setup is really confusing, hard to use, and hard to see with the color scheme. Not a big fan of it, but I know alot of work went into it; so somehow I am going to figure it out to get use to it.

JCKnife

Maybe the search feature still needs some tweaking? I tried searching for VIC-1 and got no results, even trying a few different settings / criteria.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is, or used to be quite common that without doing coding tricks, one simple website never looks the same on all web browsers. That's why in the coding side, there often are tricks and tweaks to make a site look the same whatever the browser, browser version, screen size, or screen resolution you use. For example, our very simple website now has video as well. To make it work in all browsers, I had to upload the same video in five different formats and add a lot of stupid coding to get it work in most browsers, with special tweaks to get it to work in Internet Explorer.

If the only cross-platform difference WE (users) see is the centering of some thread headers, you can be sure THEY (IT guys and gals) spent a lot of time ironing out all browser differences. Good job

blybrook

Thanks to all that took the time to do the upgrades. I know that it isn't an easy task to keep things updated and running smoothly. It'll take a little time for everyone to get used to the newer system, but, personally, I think everyone will continue to enjoy this site.

Thanks again for the hard work to maintain this site for everyone's use and enjoyment.

Heath_h49008

My only beef is the "Activity Stream" shows each new post, instead of active threads.

The difference is, my attempt to find new stuff only finds pages and pages of posts in threads I couldn't care less about.

Any chance of a tweek?

Edit: I just figured it out. The "Post" selection limits to threads whereas the general activity lists individual posts. Odd, but I get it now.

Love the Blog.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the classifieds it was cool how if the item had a picture it showed a small preview on the listing category page. Is that functionality gone?

Thanks for all the work on making this site better!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:jumpin:
things look a little different huh?

The upgrade is complete. Some things still needing to be addressed:

• wiki articles (this is a port over job, will be addressed as time allows)
  • chat room (currently no chatroom, will have something addressed soon)
  • upgrade account page (currently only setup for paypal, awaiting feedback from chris)

as time goes on, i'll revisit the following:
  • new member map
  • google search tool
  • social integration (facebook)

please report any issue you find as well. Please note, the old navigation screen is gone from the site and will not return. Please view the "latest threads" column below the gl ad on the left.
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumpin:

joeM62

This is starting to fell like GL everthing changing and hard to find stuff. I know the search engine needed fixxing on here but dang the whole site.

Heath_h49008

I am a bit astonished about the colors... you happened to pick the EXACT set of greys and spruce green I'm using on my truck.

It looks great and thanks for all the effort!

135gmc

THANK YOU!!, patracy - the orange lettering was somewhere between "impossible to read", and "not worth trying to read". The orange is OK for web addresses, but anywhere else makes it very difficult for those of us who have been around long enough to need bifocals.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob, I was having the same issues with my tablet and sure I will have them with tge stupid phone. Tap-a-toke fixed that. I don't know about the monitor issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks