• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrade from 6.5 three speed to 6.5 turbo with 4l80e trans

Stevepsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have searched and read and searched and read. Can someone direct me to a reliable source for how much work is needed. I am buying the 6.5 turbo from demil facility. They have one with 1300 miles on it, with the transmission, transfer case, shifter, exhaust crossover, dog house, ecv hood with mounting plates, engine control, trans control with the harness cut. They demil the turbo by cutting the shaft. They gave me a source to get the parts to fix it. This one even has the air conditioner compressor attached. Basically they remove the body, harvest the drive line and crush the body. I was Also able to buy the drive shafts( the slip yoke and the fixed length one).

So so here we go, is it a major pain, or medium with worthwhile results?

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not including the drive train, I've probably got another $3500 in harnesses, drive shafts, shifter, switches, brake pedal, fuel tank & hardware, etc., etc., etc. There are some great threads out there on this conversion, both here, (Ted's build is like my bible for this project), and on the G.

Last edited: