• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

upgrade generator to digital gauges

jamawieb

Jimc is the only person I know that makes direct replacement digital gauges. I have bought 5 full sets and several hertz gauges from Jim.
If any of the units I work on need gauges, I buy Jim's. When he first developed these gauges, I bought some of the first and they are still performing perfect (high quality)!

Crawdaddy

I upgraded to Jimc's frequency and volts/amps gauges. My genset lives outside in the rain and they are still looking and working perfect. When I originally installed the gauges I was worried that they'd get waterlogged or at least have condensation on the inside, but I haven't had any issues.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got some of the Chinese gauges that I put in the panel inside my house so I could monitor the generator from there. While they do work, they seem very cheap quality and I wouldn't won't to use them in a environment where they might get wet.

I don't want this thread to be a Jimc cheerleading thread but you really can't go wrong with his gauges.

rustystud

I've got some of the Chinese gauges that I put in the panel inside my house so I could monitor the generator from there. While they do work, they seem very cheap quality and I wouldn't won't to use them in a environment where they might get wet.

I don't want this thread to be a Jimc cheerleading thread but you really can't go wrong with his gauges.
I also have his gauge set and their great. The problem is I need more and he hasn't made anymore lately ! Jim please make up some more !

CT-Mike

For those of you that have been using these digital gauges for awhile, how is their long-term viability?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones I got were from the first batch, maybe a year or more back. Still working good.

I tend to believe the jimc frequency gauge is more reliable that the stock gauge. The stock frequency gauges and associated transducer are known to fail fairly regular.