• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrades to my HMMWV

Darwin T

Bought my HMMWV on March of 2015. Added A/C August 2015. With in the last 2 months I did some more upgrades.h ere is what it had to start with.

IMG_20160906_093543379_TOP.jpgIMG_20160924_074902064.jpg

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice work Darwin. I love the Air Lift rear bumpers. Does the spare now block view of the license plate? It looks that way in the photos, but can't tell for sure.

Dallas911

I'll second the request for more pic's of the roll cage, please. I really like the look and way it gets the condenser up and out of the way.

Darwin T

Since I bought it custom made I contacted the man who built it and he sent me these picts to post. I know he has made many of them. It frees up the bed and the angle matches a slant back. He should be responding to this thread soon if there are any more questions.

18440.jpg18441.jpg

Last edited:

Darwin T

Did not have enough room and wanted the bigger fan and less heat to fight to cool. I have a custom aluminum radiator and a custom aluminum transmission, oil and power steering cooler over the radiator not much play left there.

Last edited:

sully199

ok, but it does not take up much room at all, I believe the condensor is an inch and the fan is thin too. a 14 inch fan and a 12 inch fan fit great under there.

Dallas911

sully199, will you share more details on how you did the under hood mounting? - where did you source the condenser and fan? other than the condenser and fan, and lines, were any other modifications required? Are you using the Red Dot system for everything else? Has the engine cooling been less effective?

Putting it all under the hood would be a great solution. Thanks.

Scappoose75

Nice truck! I just ordered a air lift bumper and wanted to add a receiver hitch to tow my trailer. I've see a couple but none as beefy as that one. Do you mind sharing where you got it?

Darwin T

Bought the hitch from eBay. It had the 4 bolt where the pintle hitch goes, but not the center hole. Had it drilled to fit the pintle (way to hard for my little drill bit and hand drill) and drilled the inside cross supports to bolt the angle supports. Should be as strong as the bumper.

Darwin T

Was having issues finding a place to mount my license plate. Found a receiver hitch mount for license plate. Plan to pull it if I pull something, you could not see it if it's between the HMMWV and whatever I am pulling. Can find a way to add a picture yet but still working on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks