• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrading my seats, thanks Mike for getting them for me

Royalpower

Hello,

I spent the weekend upgrading two of my seats. Since I don't have instructions and I've never done this before it's taking longer than expected but moving along. Hope you guys enjoy it. Front Full.jpgFront.jpgRear Full.jpgRear.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look good but as an aside you must provide your state per the rules and not just the city.

Royalpower

Those do look nice, how much are they?
i paid a lot! And that was just for the seats. Still had to buy the seat belts, have something made for the driver side so it can be mounted... Too much money just for seats but it will look good once done.

When I bought them I also got two extra front seats. I'm willing to sell them for $1,100 else it's going to go into my second M998.

teteacher101

i paid a lot! And that was just for the seats. Still had to buy the seat belts, have something made for the driver side so it can be mounted... Too much money just for seats but it will look good once done.

When I bought them I also got two extra front seats. I'm willing to sell them for $1,100 else it's going to go into my second M998.
Holy smokes! Ya I'll probably use the existing seats for a while! I actually thought about redoing my seats with thicker an bigger seat foam an new fabric. Then taking it to one of my Amish neighbors that does some upholstery work to have them sew it all up as the work they do decent work for the price an that would also help retain some of the original style appearance on the seats also. They narrowed a UTV seat an back rest cushion 9 inches and resewed a window on one of my soft doors for me. When I asked him what the bill was he said $15, so I gave him $20 an told him to keep the change. I thought all of that work was pretty cheap.

Thecaptain

Hi -
This subject seems to be a good place to introduce myself - long time reader, first time poster.

I recently made my own seat cushions to replace the worn out ones that came with my m998. I ordered some 3.5" thick marine grade foam for the bottoms and 2.5" for the seat backs. I used the old seats as templates to start from, but added a little more where I wanted the seats a little bigger. I cut the mounting bolts off the back of the old seats and used a heavy duty glue to fuse it with some new canvas I purchased. The whole project cost about $100, took about and hour and makes a world of difference. Here is a picture.

Shaun
image.jpg

Royalpower

Looks really good. What are your plans for the original drivers seat?
I'll be updating the driver seat with the same green bucket seat I have to for the right side. I'm just waiting to have the base created (thank Mike for making it). Once I have the base then I'll change the drive side as well. I'm also putting Dynomat under all the wood and anything covered.

Royalpower

Hi -
This subject seems to be a good place to introduce myself - long time reader, first time poster.

I recently made my own seat cushions to replace the worn out ones that came with my m998. I ordered some 3.5" thick marine grade foam for the bottoms and 2.5" for the seat backs. I used the old seats as templates to start from, but added a little more where I wanted the seats a little bigger. I cut the mounting bolts off the back of the old seats and used a heavy duty glue to fuse it with some new canvas I purchased. The whole project cost about $100, took about and hour and makes a world of difference. Here is a picture.

Shaun
View attachment 639103

Ya, you spent WAY less than I did. :)

Thecaptain

Thanks! I struggled with how to deal with the seats and evaluated a lot of alternatives. Ultimately decided to try this route as it maintains the more authentic look (I went black with fabric instead) with a low price threshold. The new seats are significantly friendlier on folks' backsides than my originals. I did keep the drivers backrest (it was actually in pretty good shape), just painted it black.

Royalpower

Thanks! I struggled with how to deal with the seats and evaluated a lot of alternatives. Ultimately decided to try this route as it maintains the more authentic look (I went black with fabric instead) with a low price threshold. The new seats are significantly friendlier on folks' backsides than my originals. I did keep the drivers backrest (it was actually in pretty good shape), just painted it black.
whats the bench in the back? Is it actually useful?

Thecaptain

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. I pulled it from a Suzuki samari in a junk yard, an old fj seat would work the same. I find it very useful, can easily transport 6 people total in the cab. I'm about 6 feet tall, my head just about touches the roof when I sit in it. It wasn't too bad to install, but you need to be cautious you don't poke a hole in your fuel tank when drilling holes. Works great for my kids.

Shaun

Royalpower

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. I pulled it from a Suzuki samari in a junk yard, an old fj seat would work the same. I find it very useful, can easily transport 6 people total in the cab. I'm about 6 feet tall, my head just about touches the roof when I sit in it. It wasn't too bad to install, but you need to be cautious you don't poke a hole in your fuel tank when drilling holes. Works great for my kids.

Shaun
Ya, i was thinking it would be for the kids.

Thecaptain

I prefer having kids ride there - removes the temptation to stick their arms out of the doors. My kids say they can see better as it raises them up about a foot or so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks