• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrading to 4l80e

Army doc

Want to see if the following is worth the time.

I have all the parts, but is it worth the time? I have a m998a0. Looking to switch out the engine with an on hand meltons 6.5 and 4l80e. Looking to keep it "factory correct". I will replace the body wiring with a2 wiring for 6.5l NA, engine harness, and factory transmission controller and aluminum box.

Currently the Hmmwv has a 6.2 and 3l80.

Thoughts?

tomelroy

i would modify the 6.5 na , do an intercooled turbo with marine pisitons, marine injectors and injector pump...that would be worth the time. better than factory!

usmc81301

I put a 6.5td and 4l80e in mine and although it is time consuming, it is very much worth it in my eyes. The extra power and the overdrive are great. I kept it factory correct as well and have had no problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks