• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrading to radials

sermis

RE: radials

Ran out of sand while blasting. Did not get the M66 legs, drivers front mug guard, tool rack, and a few other thing blasted.

citizensoldier

I like the Canadian changes.. Makes me want one to go with my Canadian M37.. Wonder if any have been up for auction.. They made some nice changes to the M135 too. Sure would like a set of those rims to mount some Michelins on. Any of you Canadians watching/reading? Whats the story on getting one of your trucks? Any chance?

halftrack

goldneagle said:
Hay Halftrack you're right down the road from me. We should meet for coffee or somethin...I'm in Slidell
Come on buy! There is Timntrucks and basketcase who also live relatively close. Great guys to meet.

Rebelpride

Also if ya flip the hub and use the dual outside tire wouldn't the track be as wide as stock?
And can ya put a radial on the stock rim without using the split ring?

M1075

Rebelpride said:
Also if ya flip the hub and use the dual outside tire wouldn't the track be as wide as stock?
If you flip the rear hubs and you use the dual outside tire, the track will be too wide. Some guys have left the hubs alone and just removed the inside duals for a single look. Front and rear track will not be the same and you have the possibility of premature bearing wear.

jasonjc

Rebelpride said:
Yes, you can put it on with out the split ring. But it will not stay on. The split ring makes up one side of the rim.

Rebelpride

M1075, does flipping the hub risk premature bearing wear or just what you said about
removing the inner dual?
If ya flip the hubs and use a stock wheel can you obtain the stock width of the rear duals?
Because I've read that singles work a little better and new rims would cost me about what I
paid for the truck. And I want to get rid of the NDT's when it comes time to replace them with a radial. Just trying to learn more.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
With the hubs in the "stock" location, the rears tires track on either side of the front. When you flip the hubs and use the inside rim, the rears track inline with the fronts. You CAN do other things, but it is not designed for anything else.

M1075

Rebelpride said:
M1075, does flipping the hub risk premature bearing wear or just what you said about
removing the inner dual?
If ya flip the hubs and use a stock wheel can you obtain the stock width of the rear duals?
Because I've read that singles work a little better and new rims would cost me about what I
paid for the truck. And I want to get rid of the NDT's when it comes time to replace them with a radial. Just trying to learn more.
Using only the outer dual can reportedly cause problems. If you want singles and you want them to line up, you need to flip hubs and get new rims unless you want a real skinny track. Otherwise, just run radials as duals. You can go with 11R20s and it will look and ride great.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i don't think everyone understands that when you flip the rear hubs, the flange the wheel mounts on becomes the same track width as the front already is. so it does not matter which rear wheel you use as long as you bolt them on facing the same as the front. of course if you want to use wider tires, you may need to get wider wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks