• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upload issues

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not really related to this topic, but there's both. (Size and timeout) There's a size limit invoked due to the hosting company. Then there's a timeout feature for safety reason. The timeout is there because if a user tried to upload something and lost connection, a process would remain running. If someone was using a cell connection or some other "unreliable" means, you could see where this becomes an issue. Basically spawning multiple processes and bringing the server to a crawl. Anyhow, what size was the file? The problem with the timeout is that everyone has different internet connection speeds. So there's not a "good" number I can set the timeout to accommodate everyone.

This is my problem also, unable to upload any photos or TM's. The photo problem just started today. Have tried using INSERT IMAGE and also the ATTACHMENT ICON, neither work.

Keeps saying UPLOAD OF FILE FAILED

Attempted using Opera, says the same thing, upload failed.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moved this discussion to it's own thread since it's not related to the spacing issue.

For both of you, I need to know a few things.

1. OS
2. Browser
3. Internet connection and UPLOAD speed (not download)
4. Filesize

And here's a test of me uploading a picture from a slow ATT DSL connection. (Win 10, FF 51.0.1)
IMAG0998.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh I think I know what the issue is. I upgraded PHP the other night, but it reverted its settings back to 2mb limit. I'll updated it back tonight when things are slow. (Requires a bounce of the webserver)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, it's hitting a brick wall due to PHP's "out of the box" settings. I had to upgrade it last night to get a new adserver running for some of the ads (still working on that). But I didn't even think about some of the default values resetting.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the biggest part about computers is 'knowing' so now i know my photos have to be less that 2mb. thank you much

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
win 10
FF 51.0.1
11.42 up
cox cable
pic was 2.28mb
tm upload 19.5mb

Last Result:
Download Speed: 91153 kbps (11394.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 11417 kbps (1427.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 82 ms
Jitter: 3 ms
1/30/2017, 10:16:09 PM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks