• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upped fuel, now stalling

cybrockway

Hey guys looking for some help 8.3ctd, Bosch mw pump. I adjusted the fuel up today and now have an idle/stall issue when put in gear. What I've done is: 3 clicks on gov springs, upped screw as far as allowed under large Allen nut on top, on back of pump backed out slotted nut until flush with bolt(max fuel). Mine didn't have the 2 nuts just a slotted type nut. Lowered idle to 700 as it was 1000 when first tested. Didn't touch star wheel or end screw. Have black smoke on hard accel only. Idles fine in neutral. Any help is appreciated...

74M35A2

Put everything back how it was. :)

Seriously, if multiple changes are made simultaneously, it becomes impossible to quantify which the negative aspect is associated with. Best guess would be your governor springs, move them back one click each so they are only 2 clicks tightened instead of 3, I think I have seen this issue mentioned before. Loosen up a click, reset idle to 650'ish, and see where you are at.

cybrockway

Put everything back how it was. :)

Seriously, if multiple changes are made simultaneously, it becomes impossible to quantify which the negative aspect is associated with. Best guess would be your governor springs, move them back one click each so they are only 2 clicks tightened instead of 3, I think I have seen this issue mentioned before. Loosen up a click, reset idle to 650'ish, and see where you are at.
Thanks. Gonna reset and start over in the morning.

74M35A2

It should just be the gov springs. Undo your changes one by one, and you should uncover it. The gov springs are more complicated than they appear, in that there is a lot of tuning between them and the flyweights, including response time to recover dropping RPM (idle speed recovery and stabilization).