• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Urgent need for an alternator for multifuel /60Amp

kaiser2help

Could someone point me in the direction to obtain an alternator for my Deuce. I use my Deuce to plow snow for the state and up here in New England we are getting more snow. I am in dire straights to obtain one. Perhaps someone knows of an aftermarket company in which I can make a retrofit. any help would be great. Thankyou.

No.2Diesel

For a rebuild my brother got one for his M819 from CME Armature in FL. Pricey (whadya gonna do?) and took a gazillion years of back and forth on the phone and email just to get the order in. If you want a "new" unit over a takeout I would use them otherwise, find someone else that will hassle you less.

gwalker

All the military alternators fit the same way to any military veh., only the design appearance of the alternator is ever different. So you can use an alt. of any military veh.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, they dont all swap from one vehicle to another... Many do, but to make a blanket statement like that is incorrect...

The 60 ampers wiring isnt compatible with SOME of the 100 ampers wiring.

I'll post pics in a few minutes to illustrate

BEASTMASTER

hey ralph. my buddie might have one kicking around.do you need the conversion harness too??
i'll see him tommorrow and get back to you.. i plowed for 2 and a half hours but got my 4 hr. min.just think ,if it didn't turn to rain. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :driver:

houdel

I have a couple of take outs on some spare engines I got from GL. If you are really hard up I can take them up to the alternator shop, get them checked out and ship one out to you tomorrow. Call me at 231-832-5939 if you are interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks